You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-17 18:47

q4osfan
Member
Registered: 2018-02-25
Posts: 65

f.lux on Scorpion?

I miss a program like f.lux (reducing this horrible strong light (esp. blue) which strains the eyes.
Can't find anything like it on Q4OS....
Any ideas?
I tried redshift but ended up with a terminal box not finishing...

Last edited by q4osfan (2018-04-17 19:00)

Offline

#2 2018-04-18 14:02

bin
Member
From: U.K.
Registered: 2016-01-28
Posts: 570

Re: f.lux on Scorpion?

Offline

#3 2018-04-18 15:26

q4osfan
Member
Registered: 2018-02-25
Posts: 65

Re: f.lux on Scorpion?

Thanks!
Yes, I have seen that f.lux site - but it doesn't seem simple how to implement (or even download) it.
The Redshift I have installed in Linux Mint and it works, but you cannot adjust the settings - which they also mentions in the link you quote. I have tried to install Redshift in Scorpion but didn't succeed.

Last edited by q4osfan (2018-04-18 15:26)

Offline

#4 2018-04-18 16:05

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Registered: 2015-12-06
Posts: 1,922
Website

Re: f.lux on Scorpion?

We have compiled the 'fluxgui' package from sources got from https://github.com/xflux-gui/fluxgui . You can download the 'deb' package attached and install from terminal:
$ sudo apt install <path-to-downloanded-package>/fluxgui_1.1.10_all.deb


Attachments:
deb fluxgui_1.1.10_all.deb, Size: 15.29 KiB, Downloads: 40

Offline

#5 2018-04-18 17:03

bin
Member
From: U.K.
Registered: 2016-01-28
Posts: 570

Re: f.lux on Scorpion?

Wow - that was quick - thank you team!

Offline

#6 2018-04-18 18:52

q4osfan
Member
Registered: 2018-02-25
Posts: 65

Re: f.lux on Scorpion?

q4osteam wrote:

We have compiled the 'fluxgui' package from sources got from https://github.com/xflux-gui/fluxgui . You can download the 'deb' package attached and install from terminal:
$ sudo apt install <path-to-downloanded-package>/fluxgui_1.1.10_all.deb

Thanks a lot!
Working nicely - and you can even adjust the night color temperature! (which you can't in Redshift).

Offline

#7 2018-04-18 19:08

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Registered: 2015-12-06
Posts: 1,922
Website

Re: f.lux on Scorpion?

@q4osfan
You can configure Redshift using a configuration file '$HOME/.config/redshift.conf' , see the example attached.


Attachments:
conf redshift.conf, Size: 1.82 KiB, Downloads: 40

Offline

#8 2018-04-19 08:17

q4osfan
Member
Registered: 2018-02-25
Posts: 65

Re: f.lux on Scorpion?

q4osteam wrote:

@q4osfan
You can configure Redshift using a configuration file '$HOME/.config/redshift.conf' , see the example attached.

Thanks! Looks interesting.
Now the f.lux is working (for me).
But do you think this Redshift configuration can also be used in Linux Mint? (I have Redshift installed there, but have not been able up to now to install f.lux there). (I know this is the Q4OS forum but perhaps you know).
(By the way, q4osteam - is that composed of many people - the team?)

Last edited by q4osfan (2018-04-19 08:19)

Offline

#9 2018-04-19 08:22

q4osfan
Member
Registered: 2018-02-25
Posts: 65

Re: f.lux on Scorpion?

Thanks!
This looks very interesting also!

Offline

#10 2018-04-19 08:32

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Registered: 2015-12-06
Posts: 1,922
Website

Re: f.lux on Scorpion?

q4osfan wrote:

By the way, q4osteam - is that composed of many people - the team?

No, just a small team, at the moment smile

Offline

#11 2018-04-19 08:35

q4osfan
Member
Registered: 2018-02-25
Posts: 65

Re: f.lux on Scorpion?

q4osteam wrote:
q4osfan wrote:

By the way, q4osteam - is that composed of many people - the team?

No, just a small team, at the moment smile

Oh - but I think, a good team smile

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB