You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-31 20:48

guzman23

How to change language of TDE applications

Hello all,

I am trying to change all text shown in TDE from english to spanish. I have configured the Regional Settings through Control Center.

But not all the text is translated to Spanish, so I am trying to do it manually searching the strings but I am having some difficulties. In particular:

- Bourbon Menu: I have edited the $HOME/.trinity/share/config/kickerrc file replacing the default value for "BourbonAppsString" to the corresponding spanish translation value. But there are things like the "Lock" and "Turn Off" buttons that I can't figure out how to translate them or even if it is possible to translate them. The same stands for "History" and "Favorites".

- Konqueror: When double-clicking a file it shows all the options in spanish with the exception of: "Open in Background Tab" and "Email File". Also there is an option "Folders" that shows a tree view of the folders on the left side of konqueror.

- Some TDE menues: Like "Open terminal here" and "Launch Process Manager" are not translated.

- Session locked:  When you lock the session there is a window that says something like "This computer has been locked..." in english too.

I mean that the translation is not complete but I want to know if there are ways to change that or some tips to hide some options.

I think q4os is great for beginners but when the language used is not familiar to them then there is a difficulty.

I appreciate your help in advance!

#2 2018-03-31 21:05

guzman23

Re: How to change language of TDE applications

I am using Q4OS 2.4.7-n1 version

#3 2018-04-01 09:24

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Yes, we can confirm, not all of strings in Q4OS, as well as in TDE, are translated at the moment. There is a guide how add a language and to set different languages for different users in Q4OS documentation https://www.q4os.org/dqa007.html#inter

#4 2018-04-02 15:32

guzman23

Thanks! In addition I want to say that there are just few things not translated. Most of the strings are translated to spanish when you configure it and it would be better to have a full translation in the future.

#5 2018-04-03 06:15

bin

guzman23 wrote:

Thanks! In addition I want to say that there are just few things not translated. Most of the strings are translated to spanish when you configure it and it would be better to have a full translation in the future.

I'm sure the Trinity developers would be delighted if you were able to provide the missing translations for them if you have the time? That would then feed back through to Q4OS smile

Board footer