You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-10 02:17

crosscourt
Website

If they will try it, they end up using Q4OS

Many reviewers start out skeptical but end up liking Q4OS, sometimes using it daily.  Two well known reviewers Gary Newell and Dedoimedo were prime examples who began cautious and then admitted they enjoyed using Q4os, Gary uses it daily.
Im in a lot of forums and you see many Q4OS threads where it starts out bad, some calling it a Win95 lookalike, they end up trying it and switching to it. One user was a Puppy Linux user and was comparing it to Q4OS. By the end of the thread he had decided to switch and had attracted a few others who also gave it a try and switched.
Even after making comments like, it looks too much like Windows and why do we even want a distro that mimics Windows, they try it and end up liking it. The speed and lightness, as well as the ease of install were mentioned often.

My point to all this is, if you can just get people to give it a look there is a good chance they will switch. They see the ranking of Q4OS on Distrowatch and think whats this. Local reviews can sway, right at that moment and thats a tough situation, as there arent enough outlets to get the word out. Distrowatch though, you can leave a local review, so lets take advantage of that.

Lets hope we get a few more better known supporters, who end up using Q4OS and getting the word out.

In the mean time Im going to hand out livecds liberally.

Last edited by crosscourt (2017-05-11 00:29)

Q4OS Aquarius 5.1 KDE   Lenovo Thinkcentre M900 Tiny i5-6500T, 16gb ddr4 ram, 512gb m.2 ssd

#2 2017-10-04 09:28

Amandamartino

Re: If they will try it, they end up using Q4OS

Q4OS falls without diverting to one side  into the latter camp. I was looking into Linux desktops and discover again the Trinity desktop environment, which stimulate my interest since I came to Linux long after Trinity's high spot. And as I was looking through the list of issues that support Trinity, the name Q4OS caught my eye. I'd seen Q4OS on the distro watch rankingsbefore, but learning that it supported Trinity made me want to look into it more

#3 2017-10-04 22:29

crosscourt
Website

Re: If they will try it, they end up using Q4OS

Hope you try it and let us know if we can help you in any way.

Q4OS Aquarius 5.1 KDE   Lenovo Thinkcentre M900 Tiny i5-6500T, 16gb ddr4 ram, 512gb m.2 ssd

Board footer