You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-22 09:33

michaelk

servicemenu from KDE4 wanted for q4os

Konqueror can store complete websites using the formate *.war. Quite handy. But it has the restriction that one can make useof it only for oneself. It makes no sense to send such a *.war-file to other people as it might be that they do not use KDE.

So a one-click-servicemenu is nice to decompress it and get a normal directory from this website, with an index.html within this directory. With a konsole command „cp example.war example.tar.gz“ one can do it and then we have a right-click servicemenu already there: „uncompress to example/“

In KDE4-konqueror there is such a servicemenu. The executed commend (if one clicks on such a *.war-file) is:
„Exec=ark --batch --autodestination --autosubfolder %F“

If I do it under KDE-Trinity the options “batch“, „autodestination“ and „autosubfolger“ are not recognized.

My questions to the experienced guys here are:

1. can this problem solved under kde-trinity?
2. how would a servicemnu-file for this purpose would lool like?

[Priority: very nice to have feature; but not life-sustaining...]

#2 2017-03-22 10:25

Dai_trying

Re: servicemenu from KDE4 wanted for q4os

As this is a question rather than a "Tip" or "Tutorial" it might be better placed in the Support section of the forum, however, if you can post an example "war" file I will look into how this could be implemented.

At a first glance of the man-page for ark-trinity I would imagine you could use something like

--extract-to
     Extract 'archive' to 'folder'. Quit when finished.  'folder' will be created  if  it  does
     not exist.

together with

--guess-name
     Used with '--extract-to'. When specified, 'archive' will be extracted to  a  subfolder  of
     'folder' whose name will be the name of 'archive' without the filename extension.

And it will use the archive name to create a folder and extract the contents there. I think this is what you are trying to achieve, let me know if I'm wrong. smile

#3 2017-03-22 10:56

michaelk

Thanks again for the quick response. You are right: would have been better to place it under Support as it is a kind of proposal.

...if you can post an example "war" file I will look into how this could be implemented.

I do not know how to attach such a file. Too complicated. If you view this site just go to the menu bar and select „archive this page“ (if you have installed konq-plugins). It will archive the whole site as a *.war-file and store it on your computer. And you may rename it to shorten the too long name I had used when trying your proposal:

user@q4os-desktop:~/Schreibtisch/a.q4os.spezifisch$ ark --guess-name Setting_Up_Multiple_Virtual_Desktops_Q4OS_Support_Q4OS_Forum.war
tdeio (KMimeType): WARNING: mimetype not valid '' (missing entry in the file ?).

For me it means that somehow I have to put .war-files into the list of compressed archives. If this is somehow not possible then a wanted servicemenus would have to do do something like „cp *.war *.tar.gz“ and then „ark --guess name *.tar.gz“. Right?

#4 2017-03-22 12:33

Dai_trying

I have done a few quick tests on a war file and although it's not perfect one solution (without renaming files) is to use the command

ark --extract-to "" --guess-name war-file.war

This will pop a box up to ask for the file type, you can select Tar Archive and it will unpack to a directory with the same name as the file. This is not a full solution but a part way there, I have a lot to do today so will not be able to look further into this until tonight but will see if there is a way to tell ark from the cli of the type of file.

I did notice that the mime-type is gzip so I would have thought ark would detect this but maybe it doesn't read the mime-type when processing files.

Obviously you can easily rename the files and then the above command would work without issue.

HTH

#5 2017-03-22 13:19

michaelk

Thanks, your proposal works exactly the way you described. For sure this is the right first step. May be it will be possible to develop a suitable servicemenu for it, like it is already done in KDE4.

To rename *.war to *tar using the konsole „cp *.war *.tar“ is sufficient for coming to a status, where one just has to to do a right click on the *.tar-file and get it uncompressed to a folder with the same name.

And, do not forget: if such a thread is organized well enough one can use it as well for showing linux to beginners! ;-)

#6 2017-03-23 00:04

Dai_trying

Ok the solution is in two parts, the first is to create a script to copy the file to the /tmp folder, change the extension, and then unpack the archive. So first you would create a script with the following content...

#!/bin/bash

for filename in "$@"
do
    cp "$filename" /tmp/
    justname=`basename "$filename"`
    justpath=${filename%/*}
    name_without_extension=${justname%.*}
    mv "/tmp/$justname" "/tmp/$name_without_extension.tar.gz"
    ark --extract-to "$justpath/" --guess-name "/tmp/$name_without_extension.tar.gz"
done

Save this file as /opt/trintiy/bin/war_script and make it executable...

sudo chmod +x /opt/trinity/bin/war_script

Next you want to create the servicemenu file with the following contents...

[Desktop Action runScript]
Exec=war_script %u
Icon=
Name=Extract web archive

[Desktop Entry]
Actions=runScript
Encoding=UTF-8
X-TDE-ServiceTypes=application/x-webarchive
Icon=

Save this as /opt/trinity/share/apps/konqueror/servicemenus/war-extract.desktop
Now right click on a web archive file and you should see an entry titled Extract web archive which will extract the archive.

#7 2017-03-23 07:18

michaelk

Thank you again! Works flawless.

Now I have the functionality on this KDE3-Desktop that I needed and, except for the fact that you helped out at a midnight time, a nice example more for how to solve problems under Linux.

Regards,

Michael

Off topic: how can I support your development works? I could not find a hint for that.

#8 2017-03-23 09:49

Dai_trying

Thank you michaelk, I am happy to help. smile

Last edited by Dai_trying (2017-03-23 16:30)

Board footer