You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-11 16:24

FlexQ4

Konq/Trash-bin: Missing File Information in view-mode "Info List View"

In view-mode "Tree View" or "Detailed List View" the columns 'Size', 'File Type' etc. are filled as expected.
in mode "Info List View" however  the headings remain, but the columns are not filled.
The Manuel states for "Info List View":
"Similar to Detailed List View except that, where applicable, it shows the number of lines, words and characters and file format for each file".

Imo not as grave as the "Navigation issue" i found/posted earlier, but a little bit strange for me...

#2 2017-03-12 07:56

bin

Re: Konq/Trash-bin: Missing File Information in view-mode "Info List View"

Info view displays different headings in Documents than in other folders.
Those headings Internal Name, Description, License etc suggest that the developers had in mind specific uses for that filter.
If you then open a folder in Documents the headings revert to standard.

If however you install tdeaddons-tdefile-plugins-trinity then the headers remain standard for all folders and start to show more information.

This is a little inconsistent in as much as info is there for some files and not others. That may be down to whether they were created in the current Q4 setup or are old files.

I set noatime in fstab - not sure if that has an impact - it shouldn't

If I take a file that shows data in info view and put it in trash then the info is missing.

As a matter of interest .xsession-errors now shows:-
libkonq: WARNING: Could not load wallpaper /opt/trinity/share/apps/konqueror/tiles/
whenever Konq is opened

Open Trash and switch to Info View and you get:-
libkonq: WARNING: Could not load wallpaper /opt/trinity/share/apps/konqueror/til
es/
konqueror: WARNING: Unsupported ExtraType 'QString'
konqueror: WARNING: Unsupported ExtraType 'QDateTime'
libkonq: WARNING: Could not load wallpaper /opt/trinity/share/apps/konqueror/til
es/
tdeio (TDEIOConnection): ERROR: Could not write data (pid 31184 process "nit] --
new-startup")
tdeio (TDELauncher): ERROR: SlavePool: No communication with slave.

What bothers me is the:-
libkonq: WARNING: Could not load wallpaper /opt/trinity/share/apps/konqueror/tiles/

Which is a new bug - I've checked old .xsession-errors and that does not appear.

Last edited by bin (2017-03-12 12:44)

Attachments:
jpg picturess info view.jpg, Size: 51.69 KiB, Downloads: 552
jpg documents info view.jpg, Size: 54.27 KiB, Downloads: 577
jpg documents info view with addons.jpg, Size: 55.49 KiB, Downloads: 570

Board footer