You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-13 23:51

Dai_trying

Virtualbox Disappeared from Scorpion (Stretch) repositories?

I was just doing some testing in a Scorpion installation and wanted to fire up a VM but realised I had not yet installed Virtualbox. No problem I thought I'll apt-get it and be up and running in no time. Hmmm... apt-get can't find it... Booted into Stretch (native) Xfce and same there... Anybody know what happened to Virtualbox packages? The debian packages web-page does not list virtualbox (only the guest additions iso).
I know I can add

deb http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian stretch contrib

to my sources.list which should work, but wondered if there was a reason Stretch/Scorpion doesn't have it available.

#2 2016-12-14 00:31

tlmiller76

Re: Virtualbox Disappeared from Scorpion (Stretch) repositories?

Probably been removed temporarily while the package is being upgraded to the incoming sid version.  This is rather common in stretch, and packages will often dissappear for a few days as a new version is prepped from sid.

Q4OS Trinity machine - Lenovo K14 Gen1 AMD.  AMD Ryzen R5-5650U, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Vega 7, Realtek 8852 Wifi 6E + BT 5.2.

#3 2016-12-14 07:38

Dai_trying

Re: Virtualbox Disappeared from Scorpion (Stretch) repositories?

Yes, that is probably the case, although usually (I thought) they just upgrade an existing package to a newer version without removing it from the repo. I will wait and see if it comes back, I just posted in case there was a reason for it's removal.

Board footer