You are not logged in.

#1 2016-11-28 16:47

pampelmoose

chrome/chromium processes

I have just installed q4os, and I seem to be having big troubles with both chrome and chromium.

When opened, they seem to generate a lot of processes, slowing down and making unstable my whole desktop.

This occurs both with the q4os version of chrome, and with the standard chromium (from Debian Jessie). In each case, once I open the browser, a bunch of new "rendering" processes start up, and other applications (such as terminal windows, or the htop process monitor) become slow, and (soon after) unresponsive.

I've done a complete uninstall, and reinstall, of chrome (and chromium), and the problem persists.

#2 2016-11-28 21:48

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: chrome/chromium processes

We are not able to reproduce this issue on a fresh Q4OS installation. Please, run Chrome browser, wait for a while and run in terminal:
$ ps -ef > mem.log
$ free -mh >> mem.log
and attach 'mem.log' file here to analyze.

#3 2016-11-28 22:45

pampelmoose

Re: chrome/chromium processes

Thanks for the reply.

I think (or hope) that I have found the problem : the proprietary ATI fglrx driver.

I have a radeon video card, and I had installed the ATI driver in my q4os system.

I uninstalled the proprietary driver (returning to the standard xorg "Radeon" driver), and Chrome seems to be behaving itself.

Board footer