You are not logged in.

#1 2016-11-22 12:36

rafaelramos

Problem to open some Desktop icons after doing file association

Good morning,

I'm having a little problem opening some icons on my Desktop after doing a file association with Gwenview on Q4OS 1.8 RPi version.

I installed the package "gwenview" (not the gwenview-tde default) by the package manager.

Then I clicked on a file with extension ".jpg" and then "Open with ..." and I chose gwenview and marked "Remember the application association for this file type".

It worked fine, but after a while the icons "My Documents", "My Computer" and "Remote places", plus any shortcuts to a local url that uses Konqueror, simply open only with Gwenview! But if I open by the Start Menu links it normally opens with Konqueror, the problem is only in the links on the Desktop.

It has happened twice, and the only way I found it back to normal is to completely delete the user and recreate again!

Does anyone know how I can reopen these icons without having to delete the user?

Greetings!

amxu80.jpg

sdda4m.jpg

Last edited by rafaelramos (2016-11-22 12:44)

#2 2016-11-22 12:56

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: Problem to open some Desktop icons after doing file association

Did you install 'gwenview' or 'gwenview-trinity' ?

#3 2016-11-22 13:05

rafaelramos

I installed the 'gwenview'.

#4 2016-11-22 13:10

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Well, we will check the reported issue and post back. In any case, we can recommend you to use 'gwenview-trinity', it works well in Q4OS.

#5 2016-11-22 14:52

rafaelramos

I'll give preference to the default 'gwenview-trinity' package then.

Last edited by rafaelramos (2016-11-22 16:45)

#6 2016-11-22 23:04

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Unfortunately, we are not able to reproduce the issue. Steps we have performed:
- fresh Q4OS installation, Pure profile applied
- installed 'gwenview' package
- right clicked on a file with extension ".jpg" and then "Open with ...", chosen 'gwenview' from 'Accessories -> Graphics..' submenu and marked "Remember the application association ..."
- all desktop shortcuts worked fine, even after reboot

So, it's probably dependent on some specific configuration or other packages installed. Please, could you run in terminal:
$ reportq4
and post generated log file here, or send it to support@q4os.org for further investigation.

#7 2016-11-23 19:40

rafaelramos

I use the full profile.

It may actually be some specific package that I have installed that may be causing the unexpected behavior of the icons...

At the moment I am not able to generate a report from reportq4, because today I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling a lot of things in the system and I think I deleted something that should not because the XPQ4 disappeared and do not want to reinstall ... smile

I will format the SD card and make a new installation of Q4OS and install the full profile, and then do that test.

Anyway, thank you for your attention.

Greetings.

#8 2016-11-24 16:52

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

However we were not able to exactly reproduce this issue yet, we have found a hidden bug in Q4OS which could cause it. It relates to Q4OS/TDE environment variables configuration and some of kde4 applications. The bug will be fixed in the next Q4OS release.

If you would be able to post exact steps to reproduce this issue, we would appreciate it.

#9 2016-12-01 14:45

rafaelramos

Good morning!

I did a clean new installation of Q4OS on RPi3, and followed all the setup and package installation steps I usually do.

But this time I could not reproduce the issue...

Better that way... smile

If it happens again I will try inform the circumstances.

Greetings!

Board footer