You are not logged in.

#1 2024-01-03 15:07

NoMoreWindows

New daily driver:Windows 11 => Q4OS Plasma. I'm a fan (right now).

Well, this is fun!

I’ve been willing to replace Windows for a long time. I tried Ubuntu and Mint on several occasions but those were not satisfactory for reasons that are hard to describe. Look&feel, reliability, speed, difficulties installing some functionalities, …

A few days ago I wanted to revive a 15 year old Acer Laptop 5715Z and the internet told me Q4OS was a lightweight OS that could do it. I immeaditely liked it. So much that I decided the time had finally come to replace Windows as my daily driver on my main PC.

First I used the Windows Installer and everything worked fine. But the idea to have the complete Q4OS file system in a single Windows file looked scary to me.
I then created a 100GB partition and installed the Plasma version with all suggested software.
I installed a few other softwares without any problems and could use all files from the Windows partition easily. Also the Virtual Box VM’s I used there!

Connection to my Wifi printer also went flawless, first time that happened, even a lot easier than the Windows setup used to be.

There’s only one thing missing: my VPN software does not want to install.

I like Q4OS for these reasons:

- Very intuitive.
- It just works.
- Lightning fast (as compared to Windows and Ubuntu).
- I got everything I needed done without any hassle (except for the VPN software).

I’ve made a small donation already for the fun I had with it, but this seems like something I’m willing to pay for on a monthly basis in the long run. I’ll be dissapointed when one day I’ll be forced to use something else again.

#2 2024-01-03 16:20

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: New daily driver:Windows 11 => Q4OS Plasma. I'm a fan (right now).

Thanks for the feedback and for the donation smile it helps us to improve Q4OS system.

NoMoreWindows wrote:

I’ll be dissapointed when one day I’ll be forced to use something else again.

Q4OS is designed to be as stable as possible, so once installed and configured it should work flawlessly until a hardware failure or end of support. We can also recommend you to save your custom desktop profile for a future use, see https://q4os.org/dqa016.html

Last edited by q4osteam (2024-01-03 16:27)

Board footer