You are not logged in.

#1 2023-02-11 09:52

vanquishedangel

New and have questions

Hi I am new to q4os and so far it is doing awesome, but I have several questions. First off specs

I am reviving a Dell Latitude d430 with 2 gigs ram. I will be using it for my jobs. I run a group home and my staff is nosy so keeping staff files on a separate computer is a must. I am also a massage therapist and will keep my credentials on it.

I would like to have a system monitor that tells me how much processor and ram I am using along with the temps if possible in my system tray by the wifi icon. Ksensors does not seem to do this.

I been struggling with email clients and yahoo having 2 factor authentication on, Thunderbird works but is resource hungry. Also I like thunderbirds calendar and would like it to connect to my Microsoft 365 calendar if it can. Tweaks are welcome as well.

I use firefox-esr and have greatly altered some settings to be faster.

Thank you in advance

#2 2023-02-11 09:58

vanquishedangel

Re: New and have questions

Apps and things I will commonly use are Firefox to open my Microsoft 365 onenote and calendar, and slack online. Thunderbird with all my emails, LibreOffice for resident and staff documents,  YouTube and other videos for massage training, and possibly classwork as well for continuing education and leadership classes.

#3 2023-02-11 17:41

vanquishedangel

Update:

I have found solutions for the cpu load and network load but not ram yet. Open synaptic package manager and type in kicker. there are options there for cpu load and network. they look great to compared to ksensors. If you look in the lower right corner of my screenshot you will see what they look like. the issue is they do not stay after reboot however.

Last edited by vanquishedangel (2023-02-11 20:09)

Attachments:
png snapshot1.png, Size: 85.79 KiB, Downloads: 115

#4 2023-02-13 19:44

vanquishedangel

So I found my home I think. I have installed q4OS 64bit pure and am using LXDE. I have the functionality I want and still waiting on the SD card. Slack works, libreoffice had issues when using the Q4os installer and would hang, but it installed from synaptic. Ram usuage is around 170mb idle, I enabled zram.

thank you all.

Board footer