You are not logged in.

#1 2021-01-27 15:42

Moloch1994

Changing Keyboard Shorcut is bugging and virtually impossible

Hi everyone!

I've been considering switching to Q4OS (with Trinity) just because I love that old school Windows look. I've been poking at it in a VM, and everything was great except one problem. I was trying to change the shortcut for switching keyboard layout to Alt+Shift like in Windows. But every time I press "Custom" to change it, the window that pops up is continuously flickering and seems like its constantly refreshing, rendering it near-impossible to even click on the button to change the combination. But even after you click, pressing Alt+Shift doesn't seem to have effect, and that combination just starts erratically shifting back and forth between Shift+ and the default Alt+Ctrl+K. On many occasions it ended up freezing on me.

Now, I'm not sure if this is an exclusively VM thing, but the sole reason I even attempted to do this was because I saw somebody (who installed the system) complaining that they couldn't change the layout. Not sure they were speaking about this bug specifically (because it has to do with keyboard shorctuts, not languages specifically), but I would just like to know if this bug exists once you install the system. And if it does, I would like to bring attention to it because it would make me not want to use the system at all.

#2 2021-01-27 16:41

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: Changing Keyboard Shorcut is bugging and virtually impossible

It's known Trinity bug, resolved in the TDE 14.0.9 version. It is be available in Q4OS 4 Gemini, which is unfortunately testing at the moment.

#3 2021-01-27 20:53

Moloch1994

Re: Changing Keyboard Shorcut is bugging and virtually impossible

Thanks for the reply!

Btw I just tested Ubuntu TDE in a VM, and it seemed to not have that bug. But I might wait for the stable version of Q4OS.

Last edited by Moloch1994 (2021-01-27 23:44)

Board footer