You are not logged in.

#51 2019-03-04 09:08

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Registered: 2015-12-06
Posts: 2,122
Website

Re: Debonaire icons

A few suggestions. Please try to modify the first logo, posted here https://www.q4os.org/forum/viewtopic.ph … 804#p14804, the following way. Keep the single logo color, but in shades, so all four logo parts would have different shades from darker to lighter.
The second colored logo, https://www.q4os.org/forum/viewtopic.ph … 817#p14817, is great, we would suggest to change the frame color to be identical, or close, to one of logo color, so try black blue or orange.
We would love to have both style logos in the Debonaire theme, please make them both in different color variants, if possible.

Jaerrib wrote:

... I went with a thicker boarder because anything smaller tended to get lost at the size displayed on the task bar.

You could try to make the frame thicker for smaller sizes only.

Jaerrib wrote:

Incidentally, the look switcher still defaults to the Debian logo for the start menu rather then the newer Q4 logo (the -m variant) even though the latter is included in the icon theme. Naming convention perhaps?

We will fix that as soon as possible, perhaps within the next Centaurus release.

Sorry for a delayed replying, we are now just very busy.

Offline

#52 2019-03-05 01:41

Jaerrib
Member
From: Pennsylvania, USA
Registered: 2018-11-18
Posts: 60

Re: Debonaire icons

q4osteam wrote:

A few suggestions. Please try to modify the first logo, posted here https://www.q4os.org/forum/viewtopic.ph … 804#p14804, the following way. Keep the single logo color, but in shades, so all four logo parts would have different shades from darker to lighter.

Possible variations of the draft one revision:
welcome7.pngwelcome8.png

q4osteam wrote:

The second colored logo, https://www.q4os.org/forum/viewtopic.ph … 817#p14817, is great, we would suggest to change the frame color to be identical, or close, to one of logo color, so try black blue or orange.

Possible variations of the draft two revision:
welcome9.pngwelcome10.pngwelcome11.pngwelcome12.pngwelcome13.png

Offline

#53 2019-03-06 09:09

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Registered: 2015-12-06
Posts: 2,122
Website

Re: Debonaire icons

Well, so we have a few great icon drafts. We would need to test them in action and pick two of them. If you would test the proposed icons under Plasma as well as TDE, make a preference and definitely pick a best couple, it would be helpful. You can include the winners into the project and possibly make a color variations. The last design of colored logo with dark blue frame looks really nice by our opinion, but as said above, it would need a testing in action first.

Offline

#54 2019-03-07 03:31

Jaerrib
Member
From: Pennsylvania, USA
Registered: 2018-11-18
Posts: 60

Re: Debonaire icons

q4osteam wrote:

Well, so we have a few great icon drafts. We would need to test them in action and pick two of them. If you would test the proposed icons under Plasma as well as TDE, make a preference and definitely pick a best couple, it would be helpful. You can include the winners into the project and possibly make a color variations. The last design of colored logo with dark blue frame looks really nice by our opinion, but as said above, it would need a testing in action first.

The variations with the white background tended to show up the best in the taskbar. I opted to upload the one you preferred (with the dark blue frame) in all of the various required sizes to make an initial icon available. I may upload some other colors after some more testing. I was unable to get TDE to display anything other than the default icon (the blue box with the i) despite changing it in the menu editor so my tests were all done in Plasma.

Offline

#55 2019-03-07 09:12

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Registered: 2015-12-06
Posts: 2,122
Website

Re: Debonaire icons

You need to change the name to "welcome-screen.svg" and remove all "welcome-screen.png" variants in "/usr/share/icons/Paper-Q4OS/....." subdirs. Re-login session and the Welcome screen should get the new icon in Plasma as well as in TDE.

Offline

#56 2019-03-07 11:26

Jaerrib
Member
From: Pennsylvania, USA
Registered: 2018-11-18
Posts: 60

Re: Debonaire icons

Thanks. I'll give that a go to see how things look under TDE as well.

*** UPDATE ***
The icon looks just as good under TDE. I went ahead and changed all of the file names on Github from welcome.svg to welcome-screen.svg so there shouldn't be any issues there.

Last edited by Jaerrib (2019-03-09 19:42)

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB