You are not logged in.

#1 2023-02-10 23:00

idgraham

Gwenview and/or Konqueror - link to keyboard cursor keys?

As a musician, I prepare sets of 'slides' (ie *.png's or *.jpg's) of a score to view on a computer screen or monitor. In Q40S, either Gwenview or Konqueror can be the  ap  used - but neither seems to respond to the (keyboard) cursor arrow keys, which would be  the most convenient way to move from one slide to the next.
My question is, therefore: is it possible to assign, say, the left and right arrow cursor keys to the 'next image' or 'previous image' function in Gwenview or Konqueror ? Or failing that, is there another graphic display ap which is available for Q40S, and has the arrow cursor key capability ?
Sincerely
Ian Graham
Wales UK

#2 2023-02-11 10:17

hchiper

Re: Gwenview and/or Konqueror - link to keyboard cursor keys?

I use Gwenview for a long time and the left/right arrow keys work fine to display previous/next image, in full srceen mode as well as in windowed view. Also, backspace/space have the same effect.

Otherwise, in Gwenview, look in the menu, Configuration > Configure keyboard shortcuts (not sure of the wording, because I translate from my French version).

Q4OS machines: [Samsung R519 - Pentium T4200 2.0 GHz - 4 GB RAM - 500 GB SSD] & [Sony Vaio - Pentium P6000 1.87 GHz - 8 GB RAM - 500 GB SSD]

#3 2023-02-11 11:13

idgraham

Thanks for your reply.
I am not a long-time Q40S user, but it runs well on the notebook computer I'd like to use as a beside-the-piano device.
I also like Gwenview. One way I can use my slides is to 'slideshow' them, with the interval appropriately set, and Gwenview makes that very easy. But natural rubato means that a switch-ed slide change is often more realistic, and that's what I'm trying to achieve.
Thanks for your advice. I'll try that.
Sincerely
Ian G
Wales UK

#4 2023-02-11 18:36

idgraham

Thank you.
I found what I needed in Gwenview>Settings>Configures shortcuts>Next

Merci bien.

Ian G.

Board footer