You are not logged in.

#1 2022-12-13 21:11

mueller_minki

Which package contains the sound drivers for the realtek alc5645?

A friend of mine is trying to set up his old chromebook as a server/multimedia streaming device and requires a working sound driver. Due to this machine having to be on a newer version Q4 is sadly not an option. He went with debian sid and everything works except for the sound driver. This driver is crucial for his plans for this machine though. I have downloaded the latest Q4 installer ISO as it is also a debian fork and I heard its one of the few systems that actually ships with alc5645 support but i cannot locate the firmware package that contains the drivers. I have already looked in the firmware-nonfree folder in the pool but the realtek deb there only contains wifi and bluetooth drivers. Any help is appreciated.

#2 2022-12-14 18:29

tlmiller76

Re: Which package contains the sound drivers for the realtek alc5645?

I believe the driver is already in the kernel, you just need the firmware to make it work.  Try installing the firmware-sof-signed package from non-free, I believe that contains the firmware.

May or may not be applicable, but on the Arch Wiki, it shows that most of the devices it talks about that has this it will require manual configuration of Pulse to actually use it, it won't work correctly with autodetection.  Again, no idea if that's actually correct or not, as I don't have anything that uses this audio solution.

Q4OS Trinity machine - Lenovo K14 Gen1 AMD.  AMD Ryzen R5-5650U, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Vega 7, Realtek 8852 Wifi 6E + BT 5.2.

Board footer