You are not logged in.

#1 2022-12-03 08:26

z2168235

Mute button not working as it suppose to be

I just installed Q4OS trinity 32bit on old Compaq nc4400 laptop and it is amazing. Initially I install lubuntu 18.04 (Bionic Beaver) on this laptop and its struggle playing youtube at 480p, but with Q4OS, I can even play youtube at 720p.

However, there are multiple problem with mute button.
1) Sound is mute upon boot-up and cannot be un-mute. I can see from OSD "Mute on" and "Mute off" toggle but nothing coming out from the speaker
2) Sound only out from the speaker when I plug-in headphone (sound come out from both speaker and headphone). Unplug headphone and it mute again.
3) When the headphone plug-in, I can mute but I cannot un-mute it. I have to open KMix and un-mute manually on the headphone. The physical mute button mute both master and headphone. However when I press again only the Master un-mute, the headphone still mute.

I have same issue with lubuntu initially but was solved by adding "-D pulse" on the amixer keybind command at lubuntu-rc.xml file. Is there the similar setting on the Q4OS?

Thank you

Regards
Robert

#2 2022-12-03 08:38

z2168235

Re: Mute button not working as it suppose to be

This is the additional command that I add on lubuntu-rc.xml file. I dont know what it mean though, I just google the issue, someone suggest and it work

<keybind key="XF86AudioMute">
  <action name="Execute">
    <!-- <command>amixer -q sset Master toggle</command> -->
    <command>amixer -D pulse set Master toggle</command>
  </action>
</keybind>

#3 2022-12-04 11:36

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: Mute button not working as it suppose to be

Thanks for the report. We will check your input, if it could contribute to resolve the issue someway. Anyway, the issue is most likely connected to this one https://www.q4os.org/forum/viewtopic.ph … 795#p23795

Board footer