You are not logged in.

#1 2022-11-19 18:53

niftyprose

Printing onto index cards (sorry if it seems off-topic)

Hello guys, sorry for this rather random query. I guess the problem isn't specifically Q4OS, but I've found it stupidly difficult and I'd appreciate input, if anyone has any.

I need to print some financial records onto 6*4" (152*102mm) index cards.

I'm running an HP P2015 printer, which has a special paper feed for smaller media.

I'll work in any software that enables me to edit the records. (So far I've tried LibreOffice Calc and Writer, Gnumeric and Scribus.)

The problem is very similar across all these titles. Although the print dialog allows me to input the job details -- paper tray, paper size and so on -- the printer behaves as if it was printing onto an A4 page, so it misses the printable area of the index card.

I'm thinking there might be some global setting at the level of the OS of which I'm unaware. All suggestions gratefully recd.

Best, NP

#2 2022-11-19 23:15

niftyprose

Re: Printing onto index cards (sorry if it seems off-topic)

I found my own fix, and thought I'd share it here in case anyone else is having similar problems. (I wasted hours grappling with a completely stupid problem.)

The solution was to try out different paper sizes.

A6 and 102*152 flat out didn't work. I think they are wrongly set up in the print driver.

Japanese postcard / Hagaki 100*148 worked perfectly.

Presumably these settings interact in particular ways with other elements of my setup (Gnumeric; Q4os; HP P2015) but I'd guess that if my Hewlett Packard laserprinter has a misconfiguration in its driver, yours does too.

Hope this helps someone... NP.

Board footer