You are not logged in.

#1 2022-02-13 14:17

Gotneb

UNEXPECTED INCONSYSTENCY: RUN fsck MANUALLY

This error happened:
1.jpg
But anything I type on the keyboard is "ignored". I've tried:
2.jpg
The prompt isn't displayed for me yet. Seems like it still doing some stuff.

#2 2022-02-13 15:02

bin

Re: UNEXPECTED INCONSYSTENCY: RUN fsck MANUALLY

My initial reaction is that this may indicate a bad hard drive - though it could just be a borked install. As it shows 4.7 Gemini I guess this was after install and updates. Had the drive actually been running OK? - you really do need to provide more background for anything other than guesswork.

If you can boot from live media you could then install gsmartcontrol which will allow you to do a thorough scan of the drive for errors.

#3 2022-02-13 22:29

Gotneb

bin wrote:

My initial reaction is that this may indicate a bad hard drive - though it could just be a borked install. As it shows 4.7 Gemini I guess this was after install and updates. Had the drive actually been running OK? - you really do need to provide more background for anything other than guesswork.

If you can boot from live media you could then install gsmartcontrol which will allow you to do a thorough scan of the drive for errors.

Thanks to reply! It's a old laptop, your power energy is very bad (I always have to use it plugged into energy), so I think it can be a bad hard drive too. Before Q4OS, I've installed other distributions and a similar error happened after 2 days sad. So, do I need reinstall Q4OS again and gsmartcontrol?

#4 2022-02-14 06:56

bin

Well, if you can reinstall then do so. The preferred method would be to boot off a live media DVD or USB and work from that as that way it doesn't rely on the drive working.
If this is the second time it has happened it sort of hints at what my be the result though.

#5 2022-06-03 18:16

gabman

Me ocurrió algo parecido y al reiniciar tenia la misma pantalla con la diferencia de que el cursor estaba activo con una línea que comenzaba por (initramfs) despues de ese aviso de Run fsck Manually.
Estuve investigando y al darle exit también me daba que el problema estaba en /dev/sda1.
Esa opción que muestra pude investigar y la opción que dice fsck -fy /dev/sda1 lo que hace es que corre manualmente el fsck el cual intenta reparar el archivo o los archivos que tienen los errores. En mi caso pude correr el comando asi:
(initramfs) fsck -fy /dev/sda1
este reparó todo y quedo en:
(initramfs)
alli hay que reiniciar con reboot o apagar y prender el pc
si entra sin problemas es porque repara el sistema en mi caso fue positivo. Estuve investigando todos los mensajes que me salieron por pantalla y uno de ellos decia que un archivo estaba corrupto. Eso puede ocurrir en este sistema a la hora de acutalizar cuando se instala un programa.
YO USE EN UN MOMENTO DADO. $ sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
segun la lectura y muchos vídeos este puede además de actualizar eliminar o modificar paquetes que tienen que ver con el kernel y aveces genera problemas al igual que full-upgrade porque este es para actualizar la distribución lo mejor a la hora de actualizar e instalar paquetes es lo siguiente:
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get upgrade
$ sudo apt-get install paquetes
upgrade actualiza solo los paquetes que tienen actualización pero no se mete con los que tienen que ver con el kernel y tampoco elimina ningún paquete
luego he estado usando solo upgrade y no he tenido más problemas
EN EL CASO DE QUE NO se muestre (initramfs) hay que investigar como correr manualmente el fsck me parece que hay que rebotar o reiniciar y entrar con un usb por opciones avanzadas para poder correr una terminal que te deje correr el fsck sin que sda1 este montado es cuestión de investigar. Eso no fue necesario en mi caso porque (initramfs) me dejaba escribir en la terminal

---
Edit by Admin - Google translate

Something similar happened to me and when I restarted I had the same screen with the difference that the cursor was active with a line that began with (initramfs) after that Run fsck Manually warning.
I was investigating and when giving exit it also gave me that the problem was in /dev/sda1.
That option that it shows I was able to investigate and the option that says fsck -fy /dev/sda1 what it does is that it manually runs the fsck which tries to repair the file or files that have the errors. In my case I could run the command like this:
(initramfs) fsck -fy /dev/sda1
This repaired everything and stayed at:
(initramfs)
there you have to restart with reboot or turn off and turn on the pc
if it enters without problems it is because it repairs the system in my case it was positive. I was investigating all the messages that came up on the screen and one of them said that a file was corrupt. That can happen on this system at update time when a program is installed.
I USE AT A GIVEN TIME. $ sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
According to the reading and many videos, this can, in addition to updating, eliminate or modify packages that have to do with the kernel and sometimes it generates problems like full-upgrade because this is to update the distribution, the best thing when it comes to updating and installing packages is the next:
$ sudo apt-getupdate
$ sudo apt-get upgrade
$ sudo apt-get install packages
upgrade updates only the packages that have an update but does not mess with those that have to do with the kernel and does not remove any packages either
then I have been using only upgrade and I have not had any more problems
IN CASE IT IS NOT shown (initramfs) you have to investigate how to manually run the fsck it seems to me that you have to reboot or restart and enter with a usb for advanced options to be able to run a terminal that lets you run the fsck without sda1 being assembled is a matter of investigation. That was not necessary in my case because (initramfs) let me write to the terminal

#6 2022-06-04 09:07

hchiper

Gotneb wrote:

Thanks to reply! It's a old laptop, your power energy is very bad (I always have to use it plugged into energy), so I think it can be a bad hard drive too. Before Q4OS, I've installed other distributions and a similar error happened after 2 days sad. So, do I need reinstall Q4OS again and gsmartcontrol?

Indeed it seems the hard drive is faulty and, even if gsmartcontrol can help to solve the present issue, I guess new issues will appear again from time to time, making your system totally unreliable. The best thing to do is to replace the faulty hard drive by another one in good condition. You can certainly buy one the second-hand market. An SSD would be a better solution (tremendous increase of speed), but I am not sure SSDs have the proper connector for your old laptop. But in any case it is worth to check.

Q4OS machines: [Samsung R519 - Pentium T4200 2.0 GHz - 4 GB RAM - 500 GB SSD] & [Sony Vaio - Pentium P6000 1.87 GHz - 8 GB RAM - 500 GB SSD]

#7 2022-06-18 15:46

rocotzin

You can also try to continue using the hard drive, many times it is only some sectors that are damaged, some options would be:

- Make multiple partitions and check them to see if any are functional
- Check and repair the hard drive with -badblocks- (may take days)
-Put the hard drive in a PC with -Windows- and use -Repartition Bad Drive-

The same thing happened to me recently, also with an old laptop, but I had to change the hard drive, it was too damaged, I only needed to deal with the -Repartition Bad Drive-, but since I already needed to use the laptop, I had to buy an ssd , the funny thing is that it was to use Zoom, but it didn't work, for some reason my microphone can't be heard with 4Qos, I tried to install windows, but the machine overheats with the installationv  tongue . The thing is that with old equipment many details usually come out, so don't be discouraged, there is a magic in seeing those equipment work again that sometimes others consider garbage big_smile, but it requires patience.

Q4os machines:------Hp dv6 3040us, 4gb ram, AMD  Phenom II N830, HDD 320gb-------Hp mini 110-3712la, 1gb ram, Intel Atom N455, HDD 500gb. -----------I'm learning english, sorry.

Board footer