You are not logged in.

#1 2021-03-22 15:22

bin

Spell Checking in Calligra Words

OK, it's not specifically Q4OS but I'm just hoping someone may have come across a solution.

Q4OS Centaurus Plasma

Using Calligra Words - which is of course the the old Koffice WP - I have not been able to get the spell checker to work with British English.

I have set the correct values in Regional settings, my Locale is correct, I have Hunspell en-gb, other stuff including Kwrite and Libreoffice all get it right but for some reason Calligra cannot understand how to do it.

I have tried with aspell dictionaries as well - still refuses to co-operate

Checking in calligraofficerc it shows as en-GB - what more can I do?

The Spell checker is set to British English in CW itself so right now I'm flumoxed.

Anyone got any bright ideas please?????

#2 2021-03-24 20:27

Tolkem

Re: Spell Checking in Calligra Words

bin wrote:

OK, it's not specifically Q4OS but I'm just hoping someone may have come across a solution.

Q4OS Centaurus Plasma

Using Calligra Words - which is of course the the old Koffice WP - I have not been able to get the spell checker to work with British English.

I have set the correct values in Regional settings, my Locale is correct, I have Hunspell en-gb, other stuff including Kwrite and Libreoffice all get it right but for some reason Calligra cannot understand how to do it.

I have tried with aspell dictionaries as well - still refuses to co-operate

Checking in calligraofficerc it shows as en-GB - what more can I do?

The Spell checker is set to British English in CW itself so right now I'm flumoxed.

Anyone got any bright ideas please?????

Not sure whether it'll work for Calligra but might be worth a try:
1. Create a new folder in home called .enchant/myspell Note that the folder is preceded by a dot, so it is hidden.
2. Go to /path/to/libreoffice/share/extensions/dict-en-GB/ and copy the appropriate .dic and .aff files to the dir you just created in step 1.
3. Now try Calligra and see whether that works or not.

Hope this helps! smile

Last edited by Tolkem (2021-03-24 20:28)

#3 2021-03-25 06:59

bin

Good thinking and thanks for the idea. Sadly it didn't make any difference, but having tried KDE Neon which runs a later version of CW I found it worked as expected out of the box so I suspect it is a bug that they've fixed. Neon is OK but always feels a bit fragile to me so I'll wait. Thanks again.

#4 2021-03-25 13:51

Tolkem

Too bad it didn't work. Did you check that your language is installed for aspell? Open konsole and check with

aspell dump dicts

Also, there's this https://languagetool.org/ again, don't know whether it works with calligra but ... might be worth a try.

#5 2021-03-25 16:12

crosscourt
Website

Neon uses the same base as Kubuntu but runs much newer versions OF KDE. Q4OSQuark also uses a Kubuntu base.

Q4OS Aquarius 5.1 KDE   Lenovo Thinkcentre M900 Tiny i5-6500T, 16gb ddr4 ram, 512gb m.2 ssd

#6 2021-03-26 06:33

bin

Rechecked with Neon - CW uses Hunspell. I set Quark with exactly the same spell check settings and still no go. It's not the end of the world. I know that colour has a U and that it's ...ise not ...ize so all is good. smile  Thanks anyway guys

Board footer