You are not logged in.

#1 2021-01-20 00:39

schnellfenster

switching between workspaces

In other linux distros I have used I have been able to switch between workspaces using Ctrl + Alt + arrow. Is there a way to enable that hotkey for Q4OS? I have 3 workspaces but no applet or means to cycle thru them. Thanks

#2 2021-01-20 06:58

bin

Re: switching between workspaces

Open Konsole and type sudo kcmodules --unlock

Keyboard Shortcuts are defined in Control Centre>Regional and Accessibility>Keyboard Shortcuts
You'll want the Navigation shortcuts which are in the first tab you come to.

This shows you the default settings for walking through desktops. Sadly the GUI for altering these is almost completely broken in the current TDE. The best way is to set it to None and OK then Close the settings interface. Go back in again and click Custom Action, click the white box and enter your preferred sequence. Then wait - the screen may well blink and flicker - just don't hurry it - and it should eventually do it - takes about 10 seconds to register. Sometimes it works immediately.

The trick is, after setting the shortcut, wait until the OK button is highlighted otherwise it can just crash.

Your choice of Ctrl Alt Arrow works  - I used Right Arrow.

#3 2021-01-20 11:34

schnellfenster

Re: switching between workspaces

TDE is indeed very broken but yr walkthrough worked perfectly. Thank you for yr time and yr comprehensive explanation. Now I can get productive again.

Board footer