You are not logged in.

#1 2021-08-04 10:24

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Corrupted loop file on Q4OS Windows install

We are not able to reproduce the issue reliably so far, the issue seems to be hardware dependent.

Reproduce on UEFI systems:
- Install Q4OS, choose 21GB disk size
- Reboot to Q4OS
- Do not apply a desktop profile
- Login and reboot back to Windows as soon as possible
- Run the target drive integrity check from File Explorer > Properties > Tools

Report and discussion connected to this issue https://www.q4os.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3692

This report has been registered at the official bug tracker https://sourceforge.net/p/q4os/tickets/163/

#2 2021-08-07 17:32

quoyle84

Re: Corrupted loop file on Q4OS Windows install

an update on my reinstallation: on monday i reinstalled q4os winsetup and ran maintenance scan afterward. errors were found, rebooted into windows to repair errors, and then afterward for some reason q4os booted up. i decided to use the second desktop profile when i had reinstalled and have been slowly adding applications day by day. each day i checked the result of the automatic maintenance scan and there were no reports of errors. now, all of a sudden, on saturday morning (5 days after reinstall) i have received a notification "restart to repair drive errors". i am now wondering if the amount of applications installed have some bearing on what sets off the error notification. i don't know how all this works but i am guessing as i install applications the size of the debian folder is changing. maybe when it reaches a certain point possible errors are detected. i just thought i would pass this on as it may be a clue to someone more knowledgeable than me about what might be going on.

#3 2021-08-18 09:58

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: Corrupted loop file on Q4OS Windows install

Board footer