You are not logged in.

#26 2021-04-29 15:52

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: Extended partition deleted during installation

The last update on SourceForge is about to release a new Pinebook Pro image.

We are pretty sure there is no such script in the Full or Basic profile, again we are not able to reproduce the issue regardless of profile applied. It's either a nasty installer bug or some flaw, maybe hardware related, on your side. We would need to reproduce that for a proper investigation.

Q4OS uses Debian installer, so please make a suggestions for such essential improvements at the Debian upstream.

#27 2021-04-29 18:09

JSM
Banned

Re: Extended partition deleted during installation

@Q4OS

The ISO has stayed the same, in any case the size has not changed. I downloaded it again.

What else needs to be mentioned, I made a wifi connection after the reboot in order to get the latest versions of the desktop. So the script could come this way too.

A hardware problem is rather unlikely because I have used the same harware three times and the problem occurred identically with the first two installations, but not the third. And my harware is not getting any better :-)

But maybe someone has already removed the script without it being communicated. It is not always easy to communicate all the details.

But you say it now works correctly on all three desktop installations. At most you can test it again with a wifi connection, if you haven't created one. But the chance is small that you will get on the track in this way, because it worked correctly for me on the third try. The only option left is that the script is generally not executed in the minimal version. It is almost 100% certain that it was such a script, because no partition will be deleted without a script. Fortunately, we're not that far with "artificial intelligence". Whether there will be also "artificial stupidity" is a question that keeps me away from such visions of the future!

have a nice day :-)

Board footer