You are not logged in.

#26 2017-10-25 04:45

CaptNoize
Website

Re: Installing Slimjet

OK...here's what I did. I dlded Net Surf as we talked about. Installed it as per Dai's  sudo apt-get -f install mode. Installed quick..! Anyway, it,s about the same as Konqueror. Maybe a tad better,but not much. Couldn't log into my yahoo account. Could surf web,but certain sites didn't respond. I also tried to dlded QtWeb. Sudo apt-get -f install kept saying it couldn't find pathway.
After several attempts,and several variations, as per Dia's  suggestions, I grew frustrated, and gave up. My assessment of Net Surf is it would do in a pinch,but just not what I'd hoped for. It acts a whole like Konqueror. I actually wish they would tweak or finish Konqueror. It's just not receptive enough. Net surf uses Google(some variation of it to search the web) but that's all it can really do. After downloading all of my files, I unplugged my old Dell,re- connected my Pentium 4 machine,and stored the old relic in the upstairs of my home.
Reminds me of a quote from the movie "Christine" ...."You can't polish a turd"...

Last edited by CaptNoize (2017-10-25 04:48)

#27 2017-10-25 21:06

crosscourt
Website

Re: Installing Slimjet

Thats funny as I was going to recommend tp you to just move up to a P4 systems and all is well.

Q4OS Aquarius 5.1 KDE   Lenovo Thinkcentre M900 Tiny i5-6500T, 16gb ddr4 ram, 512gb m.2 ssd

Board footer