You are not logged in.

#1 2026-10-01 15:43

AlbertoSalviaNovella
Member
Registered: 2026-10-01
Posts: 6

Consider Falkon

When I boot into Q4OS Trinity, I'm recommended to install Chrome to have modern web support.

Just wanted to let you know that Falkon supports the same, just with half the RAM.

So maybe it is a better default, at least to the lighter Trinity desktop.

Cheers!


https://es20490446e.wordpress.com

Offline

#2 Yesterday 16:29

Taige
Member
Registered: 2025-08-19
Posts: 94

Re: Consider Falkon

Firefox is another good alternative along with Falkon, although the latter I think might be the right choice for older computers.

Offline

#3 Yesterday 16:48

AlbertoSalviaNovella
Member
Registered: 2026-10-01
Posts: 6

Re: Consider Falkon

My tests show that Falkon works without swapping with 4GB of RAM, Firefox with 6GB.

Last edited by AlbertoSalviaNovella (Yesterday 16:48)


https://es20490446e.wordpress.com

Offline

#4 Yesterday 22:52

seb3773
Member
From: France
Registered: 2023-11-01
Posts: 285

Re: Consider Falkon

Falkon seems faster/less ressource hungry than firefox. I'm questionning about website compatibility, I've seen some sites in the past that can't be rendered properly in falkon, maybe it's not the case now ? I'm curious about comparing it to thorium (chromium on steroids, very very optimized).


Debian & Q4OS (TDE!!), low-level C, ASM (z80/68k/x86/ARM64), embedded systems, CPU architectures (RISC-V, binary formats, assembly), retro-computing, metal music, guitar and sci-fi.

Offline

#5 Yesterday 23:19

AlbertoSalviaNovella
Member
Registered: 2026-10-01
Posts: 6

Re: Consider Falkon

I didn't see any flaw with Falkon.

If you want to properly test how much RAM a web browser really needs, just boot a virtual machine with that amount of RAM.

If you open a few YouTube tabs, and you see on the system monitor that swap is kicking in with no so trivial amounts, it means the amount of RAM isn't enough.


https://es20490446e.wordpress.com

Offline

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB
Modified by Visman