You are not logged in.

#1 2026-09-29 21:41

JimDee2
Member
Registered: 2026-09-29
Posts: 1

Old laptop New life

Just wanted to say how impressed I am. I have installed Q4OS on a Samsung laptop That I bought in 2012 and it is amazing. The laptop has been struggling with various versions of Ubuntu, Lubuntu etc but now is responsive and a useful machine again. Installation was simplicity itself and adding a few extra programs has been equally simple.

Thank you all so much
JimDee2

Offline

#2 2026-09-30 00:28

Germ
Member
From: Bushyhead, Oklahoma
Registered: 2023-06-30
Posts: 101

Re: Old laptop New life

I've got Q4OS Trinity on a 2008 Acer Aspire.  It's very quick and I like it.


Calm down, it's only ones and zeroes

Offline

#3 2026-09-30 10:12

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Registered: 2015-12-06
Posts: 6,398
Website

Re: Old laptop New life

@JimDee2
Welcome to the forum, enjoy Q4OS smile

Offline

#4 Yesterday 16:32

Taige
Member
Registered: 2025-08-19
Posts: 94

Re: Old laptop New life

JimDee2 wrote:

Just wanted to say how impressed I am. I have installed Q4OS on a Samsung laptop That I bought in 2012 and it is amazing. The laptop has been struggling with various versions of Ubuntu, Lubuntu etc but now is responsive and a useful machine again. Installation was simplicity itself and adding a few extra programs has been equally simple.

Thank you all so much
JimDee2

Have you installed Andromeda Plasma or Andromeda Trninity?

Offline

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB
Modified by Visman