You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-13 21:22

hardcase

Custom Install problem

I want to install Q4OS over an existing TDE 14.4 install and not have my existing home (and hopefully root) directory erased.  I do understand that the installer will (hopefully) overwrite the existing TDE configuration files.

This requires a custom install, which I accepted.  I had previously mounted the existing  "/home" and "/" directories that I wanted to use. 

I got this error message:

ERROR: You must first manually mount your filesystem(s) at  "/target"  to do a custom install.

I assumed that /target referred to the home and root directories.  Was I wrong?  What should I do now?

I have done similar custom installs on quite a few Debian versions in the past, so I have experience with doing that as well as quite a bit of system administration experience on Trinity Desktop, Ubuntu, Debian and BSD.

hardcase

#2 2017-10-18 09:27

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: Custom Install problem

hardcase wrote:

I got this error message:

ERROR: You must first manually mount your filesystem(s) at  "/target"  to do a custom install.

I assumed that /target referred to the home and root directories.  Was I wrong?  What should I do now?

You only need to mount the target partition for installer to copy root filesystem to, so run in terminal:
$ sudo mount /dev/sdX /target
where 'sdX' is the partition to make Q4OS installation to.

If you have defined a separate home partition, it should be created and populated by installer as well.

Board footer