You are not logged in.

#1 2017-08-13 20:43

Luissousa

About screenshot over Consola tray

Can you tell me why is it when I take a screenshot of the consola tray and past it on a word processor the screenshot comes blank on the processor?          Anyway the information that appears on consola tray is: "password: su: fail of autentification, and blocks without any more move on it, after I introduce my password as administrator.
       So please what does this fail of autentification means, can you tell me?
       And how do we get access to XYZ group - Desired_Application on the Start Menu - Programs - Accessories.
       With no further details and hopping to hear from you soon, I below subscribe,

Luis Sousa

#2 2017-08-14 14:02

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: About screenshot over Consola tray

Please, do not introduce your posts with 'To: q4osteam', if not specifically needed. There are other experienced users on the forum, who could give you an advice as well. We are watching the forum carefully and providing support as good as possible.

Luissousa wrote:

Can you tell me why is it when I take a screenshot of the consola tray and past it on a word processor the screenshot comes blank on the processor?

Please specify, what do you mean by 'consola tray' ? Which way do you launch it ?

Luissousa wrote:

Anyway the information that appears on consola tray is: "password: su: fail of autentification, and blocks without any more move on it, after I introduce my password as administrator. So please what does this fail of autentification means, can you tell me?

We would need the know the exact way to reproduce this message. Please specify, step by step, how to reproduce this message for us to be able to check it and provide a correct answer. We guess you are using a 'su' command some way, which is not recommended in Q4OS, the right command to gain superuser permissions should be 'sudo'. You can just run 'sudo su' in terminal to get root, superuser, console.

Luissousa wrote:

And how do we get access to XYZ group - Desired_Application on the Start Menu - Programs - Accessories.

Let's suppose you have installed for example VLC application and need to run it from the Start Menu:
Click to Start Menu button -> Applications -> Programs -> Accessories -> Multimedia (program group) -> VLC (desired application)

Board footer