You are not logged in.

#1 2017-08-03 17:31

hirax

Bluetooth problem

Hello!
Bluetooth generally work. It is capable to connect with bluetooth headset automatically. Annoying is that I must go to pavucontrol, manually switch over the ouput and only after that I can hear sound. But it is ok, not so often use this headset.
My problem is that "blueman-manager" cant connect to my smartphone (Android 6.0.1) or my other laptop (Linux Mint 18.1 KDE 64bit).
Because pairing PIN code issue appears.
Each device can "see" my Q4OS and my Q4OS can "see" other devices.
In "blueman-manager" I marked my other devices as "trusted" and as "known devices"
When I try connect from phone or other laptop, then "pin request popup" will appear on their screens.
But no popup window with requested pin code on Q4OS screen. No matter wich pin I entered on other device the answer is that "pin is incorrect"
When I try connect from Q4OS, I can see that for a few seconds there is connection and after that connection breaks. When I use "new device" wizard it simply reports that "connection failure" and no error messages or other information.
If I start  "blueman-manager" from terminal, then during attempt to connect there appeared messages "connection refused, authetication failure".
Same time, no pin request popups on other device.

From google I found, that bluetooth must automatically create random pin code for each new connection (device). My Q4OS dont create or ask any pin code.

How fix that ??
How make my Q4OS to request or offer pin code for bluetooth pairing and connection ??
What is Q4OS default bluetooth pin code or how I can make pin code for bluetooth ???

Last edited by hirax (2017-08-05 21:53)

#2 2017-08-04 07:25

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: Bluetooth problem

First of all, please provide 'blueman' package info from terminal:
dpkg -s blueman | grep -i version

If you have 'blueman' version 1.x installed, you should update it from backports:
$ sudo apt-get -t jessie-backports install blueman

Reboot, check devices pairing and report back.

#3 2017-08-04 11:42

hirax

Thanks for the answer smile
My blueman version is:

hirax@q4os-desktop:~$ dpkg -s blueman | grep -i version
Version: 2.0.4-1~bpo8+1

Finally i got paired and connected my phone and Q4OS by using bluetoothctl.
I followed instructions from here and made pin code by myself.

Now next problem appeared
Q4OS and phone are connected, but file transfer not working sad
Not in either direction.
Sending file from phone just timed out and message "transfer failed".
When trying send file from Q4OS, the message window about sending file simply stays on screen and nothing happens. Sometimes it reports that "An error occurred while sending" What error - no information.
Same time on blueman -> devices window I see that some communication between devices persists (at the bottom of the window I see that red and blue data activity indications are flahing and send and recieved some hundred bytes)
From google I found that possibly I must allow receiving files over bluetooth in Personal File Sharing Preference section. Where is equalent section in Q4OS ??
Or what else I must to do ??

#4 2017-08-05 21:53

hirax

Same "file transfer" problem between two laptops (Q4OS and Mint 18.1 KDE). They are paired and connected but no file transfer between them. Same symptoms. From Mint side message "transfer failed" and from Q4OS side it hang on sending dialog box.
Screenshot from Q4OS side:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v4y5uvxubz1ps … 2.png?dl=0
Maybe I must install "obexfs" package ?? I dont understand well, this package is for mounting android devices or for file transfer...???

Board footer