You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-28 01:24

q4os_user

Sometimes TDE Panel stays on top of YouTube HTML 5 video in fullscreen

Sometimes if I watch a YouTube HTML5 video in Chrome/Firefox and go fullscreen, the TDE Panel stays on top of the video. Have you ever seen anything like this?

Last edited by q4os_user (2017-03-28 16:05)

#2 2017-03-28 07:01

bin

Re: Sometimes TDE Panel stays on top of YouTube HTML 5 video in fullscreen

Right click on Panel>Configure Panel>Hiding will allow you to confirm what your machine 'should' be doing.

Chrome and Firefox (I think) still use different engines so that should rule out that as a cause.

I have a very slow graphics chip and if I go to full screen a you tube vid it is possible to see a 2 stage process where first the vid expands to fill the active browser window, then that window goes full screen.

One scenario that may make sense is whether this only happens under certain conditions of the browser window.
For example, mine is always manually stretch to almost fill the screen - no using the maximise window button.
If I reduce that in size the 2 step process is easily visible.

If you are able to make this happen - or next time it does happen, take a look at the hidden file ~/.xsession-errors as that may well contain some useful data as to what may have happened - it'll be that last entries in the file.

Board footer