You are not logged in.

#1 2015-12-28 20:25

bobby
Website

Possible to spoof desktop functionality using html, css & Javascript ?

Why do it and What I mean is this:

A lot of people lack the ability to burn an ISO and others are paranoid of crashing their windows system to run a LiveCD. Then you have some people who will not spend $1 or 10 minutes of their life outside of the box life they live in.

So my idea is to build a cross-platform html page using html, css and javascript to duplicate what the Q4OS looks like. All clickable menu items would simple pop open a image of that item.

Is this possible or would I be wasting my time because it would not really be beneficial in introducing Q4OS to others ?

Then boxed it in an Android app for viewing on tablets and phones.

All feedback and suggestions, better ideas are welcomed.

Bobby

No Longer Using Q4OS

#2 2015-12-29 01:10

bobby
Website

Re: Possible to spoof desktop functionality using html, css & Javascript ?

cc, very good advice. I will do a video with much detail as you say; a better way.  However, the people I meet mostly in my travels do not have much of an attention span. Its almost like what works for them is the Awe's & Wow's and not much more. I had one person ask me, "you mean I have to start it from a CD, how lame is that ?" ... he said.

If they can't click and make it work they don't want anything to do with it. Like putting a cd in a CD-ROM drive and waiting a few minutes makes a difference but, with the mind set of today's gadget hungry (i'll be pol. cor. here) youth its a real challenge.

So I thought, since I have never seen a real live web demo of a Linux OS, maybe it is possible so others can get instant gratification ?

I don't want to seem to targeting any particular age group but, if I was 20 years old they would believe this old guy.

No Longer Using Q4OS

Board footer