You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-09 18:31

Dai_trying

Arduino IDE text disappears

I have a strange problem with arduino ide, when I try to use the ide some of the text disappears from the screen! I do not know if it has actually gone from the ide or just not being displayed.
Please see video for an example.
arduino display fault

I have tested it with Scorpion and that works just fine so I would say this is not really important as I will probably be using Scorpion more as it gets nearer to becoming the stable version, but thought I would post anyway in case it's an easy fix.

#2 2017-02-09 23:51

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: Arduino IDE text disappears

It looks like a faulty gui rendering. We have performed a testing 'arduino' installation on a clean Orion installation in Virtualbox, but we are not able to reproduce this glitch, even following exactly the same steps. You could try to fine tune some video settings options in xorg.conf, depending on drivers you use. Also check the $HOME/.xsession-errors log file.

#3 2017-02-10 10:57

Dai_trying

Re: Arduino IDE text disappears

Thanks guys, I have watched .xsession-errors while running the program and it outputs nothing until I close the window and then issues several of these errors

X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
  Major opcode:  19
  Minor opcode:  0
  Resource id:  0x3a00004

but I don't think that they are connected to this issue as they only appear when closing the window.

I just tested on another machine and it is working fine, so I guess it's just this laptop and I will use Scorpion on this machine mainly now so we can consider this one closed.

Board footer