You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-31 08:33

West Swan

Games appearing in Accessories Menu

Hello,

I just installed Q4OS on an old Pentium 4 and it runs brilliantly.

One thing I did was  sudo apt-get install games-finest   which basically installs many of the finest Debian based games around.

Probably about one third of the games ended up having a shortcut in the start menu 'Accessories' folder rather than in the 'Games' folder if that makes sense.

I mean they are in Start Button / Programs / Accessories / Games   instead of being in  Start Button / Programs / Games

Not a big issue but when I do the same thing in Lubuntu all the games endup in the same folder on the start menu.

Is there an easy 'fix' for this?

Regards,

Paul

#2 2017-01-31 10:06

Dai_trying

Re: Games appearing in Accessories Menu

On my system the games are duplicated in the two folders, but in the Programs->Accessories->Games menu they are categorized (card-games, Tactics and Strategy, etc) but they all are in both folders.
Can you check if any are only appearing in one of the folders?

#3 2017-01-31 10:42

West Swan

Dai_trying wrote:

On my system the games are duplicated in the two folders, but in the Programs->Accessories->Games menu they are categorized (card-games, Tactics and Strategy, etc) but they all are in both folders.
Can you check if any are only appearing in one of the folders?

Ok will do so tomorrow when I am back at the computer :-)

#4 2017-01-31 10:45

Dai_trying

I was going to install this in a VM to test, but with a 7.5Gb download I decided not to...

Board footer