You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-05 18:09

CapitanOdessa

Uniform look betwen Qt and GTK

Hello there! I'm running this trouble with the look of the SO. I've downloaded two Mate apps, Eye Of Mate (eom) and Engrampa. I don't know how to get the same look between these apps and the rest of the OS. Let me show you the pics:
2017_01_05_140822_1366x768_scrot.png

I hope you can help me, thanks ^^

#2 2017-01-07 07:21

bin

Re: Uniform look betwen Qt and GTK

This is a bit of a minefield as it depends on what look you have in Q4OS to start with.

As always - start off by installing Dai's configuration backup tool - https://www.q4os.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1027
Use it to back up your current settings.

If you have not already done so:-

sudo kcmodules --unlock

Install:-
gtk-qt-engine-trinity
gtk3-tqt-engine-trinity
clearlooks-phenix-theme - I use this because it is very close to Plastik and there is the GTK2 version of Clearlooks in the gtk2-engines.

This will put a GTK Styles tool in your Trinity Control Centre which allows you to apply GTK styles as you wish.

In Colours I suggest you Uncheck Apply TDE colours to non-tde applications because it just makes a mess of things - again that will depend on what your Q4OS starting point is - you may need to experiment.

What you will also need to look at is what GTK icon themes you have installed, also what GTK Themes you install.

Take a look at the file settings.ini in your home/.config/gtk3 and make sure it matches what you are actually trying to achieve.

Lastly you wind up with 4 .gtk..... files in your home. You may need to manually edit these to force font and icon choices to work. Sometimes the GTK Styles tool just doesn't get it right I'm afraid.

Oh and if you want synaptic to look consistent then once you've got your stuf looking good you'll need to copy over the config files - especially GTK3 settings.ini to the same places in /root folders.

See how you get on.

#3 2017-01-07 18:51

CapitanOdessa

@bin Just what I needed! Everything is working perfect. And the theme you suggested was a really good one ^^ Thanks!

#4 2017-01-08 07:11

bin

smile

Board footer