You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-24 16:55

tcoulon

tdesudo sucks

OK, so I want to use su and not sudo (and please dont't start a su vs sudo discussion).

I can do that on other debian based systems, by adding Defaults roopw and commenting sudo ALL=... ; I tried that on q4os and it does work (at least some program start using tdesu and the root password) but tdesudo continues to be used. I can remove it with dpkg --force but it completely breaks synaptic because q4os-desktop depends on it and I now have a broken package.

Is there a way to disable tdesudo's use? TDE Desktop can very well work without it, so why not q4os-desktop?

This makes q4os a way to run Debian+TDE on my pi, but it's a show stopper on my desktop. Also, the module to manage autologin from TDE-settings seems missing. This looks like a poor implementation of TDE.

Regards

#2 2016-12-25 13:57

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: tdesudo sucks

tcoulon wrote:

I can remove it with dpkg --force but it completely breaks synaptic because q4os-desktop depends on it and I now have a broken package.

'q4os-desktop' doesn't depend on 'synaptic', you can do 'apt-get remove synaptic' without breaking dependencies. Please don't use 'dpkg -r --force...' , as it could break dependencies.

tcoulon wrote:

Is there a way to disable tdesudo's use?

'q4os-deskotp' package depends on 'tdesudo-trinity', so it can't be removed in Q4OS at all. 'tdesudo' is used per application basis, so the only way is to forcibly backup/remove '/opt/trinity/bin/tdesudo' binary, the most clean way is to use 'dpkg-divert' command. Keep in mind it could break some system functionality.
$ dpkg-divert --divert /opt/trinity/bin/tdesudo.diverted --rename /opt/trinity/bin/tdesudo

tcoulon wrote:

Also, the module to manage autologin from TDE-settings seems missing.

Please see Q4OS documentation http://www.q4os.org/dqa011.html#desktop.8

Board footer