You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-19 21:31

Werner Holtfreter

Connecting of Secondary Monitor destroys the Primary Monitor Settings

Hallo,

I am using the primary monitor via DVI. Only if I connect a second monitor via VGA (connected with the power line or disconnected) and reboot, than the screen resolution for both monitors is automatically switched to the need of the secondary monitor, which not fit for the primary monitor. I can correct this, but this is needed after each reboot.

I played a lot with the Monitor & Display Control Module, e.g. Display Profiles and Hotplug Rules, but without success.

Werner

Last edited by Werner Holtfreter (2016-12-19 21:46)

#2 2016-12-20 13:11

Dai_trying

Re: Connecting of Secondary Monitor destroys the Primary Monitor Settings

I presume you have tried right click on desktop and select Configure Desktop... and then select Display from the tabs on the left, from there you should be able to select each screens display settings individually. Use the drop down selector for each screen and you should get the desired result. smile

#3 2016-12-20 15:30

Werner Holtfreter

Hello Dai_trying,

Your proposal works, the setting is stable while reboot! Thanks. At first I thought, the right click on desktop is only an user depending setting and I have to do the same settings for the other users, but the other users are OK without additional actions.

As I wrote, I used settings:/System/Monitor & Display at first with the bad results. I mean, not properly working modules should be debugged or removed because it takes a lot of time to locate the problem in front or back in to the machine.

Last edited by Werner Holtfreter (2016-12-20 15:31)

#4 2016-12-20 22:09

Dai_trying

I have to agree the settings can seem quite fragmented, maybe it will be addressed in the future.

Board footer