You are not logged in.

#1 2016-11-28 21:07

josemallo3

midi file in q4os

As I could reproduce a midi file in q4os, I have seen from there that with the VLC player but I have not been able to do it

#2 2017-02-04 06:50

lisajcantrell

Re: midi file in q4os

Standard MIDI Files are a popular source of music on the web, and for musicians performing in clubs who need a little extra accompaniment. The files contain all the MIDI instructions for notes, volumes, sounds, and even effects. The files are loaded into some form of 'player' (software or hardware), and the final sound is then produced by a sound-engine that is connected to or that forms part of the player.
Q4os  is an open source distribution of Linux that provides users with a minimalistic computing environment comprised of a lightweight desktop environment and a handful of applications and utilities.

#3 2017-02-13 12:49

josemallo3

I understand that I can not produce files of this type, or do great works on this computer, but I just want to play the files that I have already made and are on my pc, so the question is whether there is any simple sound player like vlc or Similar that I can reproduce these files that I already have facts.

#4 2017-02-13 12:57

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

You need to install timidity and audacious packages:
$ sudo apt-get install timidity audacious
Then run audacious from start menu or timidity from terminal:
$ timidity <my_midi_file_to_play>

Board footer