You are not logged in.

#1 2016-11-14 22:32

Dai_trying

Log user out with auto-login enabled

I have added the ability of the user to logout using the command dcop ksmserver ksmserver logout 0 0 3 I think these settings are best for the system. What I would like to do is for the user to be logged back in automatically if auto-login is enabled, is this possible maybe with some extra parameters or something?

This is for the theme backup script, so user is given the choice to re-login after restoring from a backup (or default restore).

I know I could simply reboot the machine to achieve this but didn't want to go through a complete reboot when logging out and back in again is all that is needed.

#2 2016-11-15 11:14

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: Log user out with auto-login enabled

Dai_trying wrote:

... I would like to do is for the user to be logged back in automatically if auto-login is enabled, is this possible maybe with some extra parameters or something?

As far as we know, it's not possible to fix that as a regular user. There is a setting in '/etc/trinity/tdm/tdmrc', section '[X-:0-Core]', 'AutoLoginAgain=true', which kick in automatic login after finishing a session. Unfortunately, it must be configured by root.

#3 2016-11-15 12:11

Dai_trying

Re: Log user out with auto-login enabled

I guess that's the option I was looking for although I will leave it for the user to decide whether to change it or not as it can cause unwanted behavior for many users.
Thanks for the info smile

Board footer