You are not logged in.

#1 2016-11-03 07:30

bin

Linuxinsider Review of Q4OS

Well, it's not the most sparkling review by any means.

http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/Q4OST … 84049.html

"Trinity is not yet as flexible and customizable as Xfce or LXLE."     Hahahahahahahaaaa!!!!!!!!  are they out of their tiny little minds???

"The Trinity interface has very little animation and no keyboard shortcuts either." Damn, must be magic that allows me to launch almost anything I use regularly with 2 keys

Whilst they get the point about the small installer this seems to become a point of criticism in the next breath.

They don't quite get what the software installers actually bring to the system - which is a shame - just lazy 'journalism'

HOWEVER....

What this does illustrate is something that I have mentioned previously which is the locked down configuration tools.
I absolutely get why it is done, but I hope that this review also illustrates *why* I am concerned about this decision. As we have seen a casual observer finds no method of customising parts of the interface and so raises a negative point through lack of information.
If there was an icon on the desktop that said Unlock Configuration Tools they may be puzzled as to why, but at least it would provide a signpost and thus save a false bad impression being created.

Last edited by bin (2016-11-03 08:40)

Board footer