You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-17 11:25

Dai_trying

Using same menu entry for multiple installers

I am trying to use the same menu entry for multiple applications but when I install them only the last installed one shows up.

Steps I have taken
I have a template directory (set in installer.cfg) and copied the app.menu.template to it and modified line 8 to read

<Name>Dai's Scripts</Name>

with the intention of using this as a menu entry for all my scripts.
I also changed the Name entry of uninstall.desktop.template to give unique names for each uninstaller.

I am testing using two scripts at the moment and would need to add more later.

Am I missing anything obvious to make this work?

#2 2016-10-17 11:48

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: Using same menu entry for multiple installers

The template could look like this one in attachment. All '.desktop' files must exist and must be placed in '$XDG_DATA_DIRS/applications/' to be visible in the menu. The '.desktop' files will not be created automatically by the 'create_q4app_setup.sh' script, you have to create and place them into to filesystem structure on your own.

Attachments:
template app.menu.template, Size: 963 B, Downloads: 943

#3 2016-10-17 11:51

Dai_trying

Thanks guys, I will have a look at that and I'm sure to get something working. smile

#4 2016-10-17 12:40

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Now we understand better, it's possible to merge menu entries for multiple installers. You did it the right way, as described in the first post. The only modification you need, is to remove/comment out '<Layout>' section from both/all '.menu' files. The '<Layout>' section must contain all visible menu entries at once, so they have not been fully displayed in the menu.

Alternatively you can include the single '<Layout>' section for all '.desktop' files into only one of the '.menu' files.

#5 2016-10-17 12:51

Dai_trying

That's great guys, tested and working! Thank you smile

Board footer