You are not logged in.

#1 2015-12-10 11:16

Voodoo84

Proxy settings ignored by Desktop Profiler

Dear Q4OS team,

I'm trying to get Desktop Profiler running behind a proxy. I set the proxy in both Control Panel -> Network -> Proxy -> Manually, and in /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/00aptitude (after the Get-Root-Command). This way, I can use web browser, and also 'sudo apt-get update/install' works fine.

However, Desktop Profiler ignores these settings and throws error 30.

What is the problem and how to solve it?

#2 2015-12-10 21:19

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: Proxy settings ignored by Desktop Profiler

Let exact error messages here to analyze, please. We will try to resolve the issue.

#3 2015-12-11 14:31

Voodoo84

Re: Proxy settings ignored by Desktop Profiler

crosscourt wrote:

Cant help you with the proxy but you can also use Synaptic offered in the software center to do updating and installing. Synaptic can be used while youre online and concurrently with other apps on the desktop with no issues. Also gives you a nice overview of whats offered in the repos.

Yes, I'm familiar with Synaptic from before (very long time Debian and Ubuntu user), however I want to do the initial Desktop Profiler setup as it was intended, and let it install preconfigured set of packages (LibreOffice etc) instead of installing them manually.

q4osteam wrote:

Let exact error messages here to analyze, please. We will try to resolve the issue.

I located the source of problem. It seems that Trinity proxy setting (Control Panel -> Internet & Network -> Proxy, manual settings) doesn't export common proxy variables. I was not using KDE too much before so I'm no expert for it, but I guess it probably changes only KDE apps settings (for example, Konqueror works with proxy set from within GUI proxy applet).

Once I set common proxy variables such as HTTP_PROXY etc, Desktop Profiler can go online.

This should probably be written into FAQ.

Board footer