You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-17 17:42

psyka

[resolved]acer aspire 5611 awlmi + Q4OS 2.7 Scorpion

bonjour,

d’abord je tiens a féliciter l’équipe de Q4OS pour ce système d'exploitation hyper stable, rapide et nécessitant peu de ressource. wink

je les essayer sur plusieurs config et j'ai rencontrer plusieurs problème que j'ai pus résoudre seul.

1) problème de son/volume :
j'ai fini par trouver l'erreur, il s'agissait de kmix mal installer que j'ai réinstaller via synaptic plus un petit réglage a faire dans les paramètres de kmix. (visible sur tous les pcs tester).

2) j'ai incorporer un ssd verbatim 240gb  Vi500 S3 SSD dans ce laptop via un adaptateur

problème comment configurer ce ssd monté en mode IDE car pas de mode AHCI sur ce pc.
ceci afin de ne pas subir la mort subite de celui ci.

petite précision système déjà installé avec un swap de 3gb et 4gb de ram plus 10% du ssd non partitionner.

Merci

ps: j'ai des notions de simple utilisateur final smile

Last edited by psyka (2019-05-29 21:34)

#2 2019-05-17 17:54

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: [resolved]acer aspire 5611 awlmi + Q4OS 2.7 Scorpion

@psyka
Thank you for posting here. Please post in English, just use the Google translate https://translate.google.com

Post above translated by admin using Google translate:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello,

First of all I would like to congratulate the Q4OS team for this super stable, fast and low-resource operating system. wink

I try them on several config and I have several problems that I could solve alone.

1) sound / volume problem:
  I ended up finding the error, it was about kmix badly install that I reinstall via synaptic plus a small setting to do in the kmix settings. (visible on all pcs test).

2) I incorporate a ssd verbatim 240gb Vi500 S3 SSD into this laptop via an adapter

problem how to configure this ssd mounted in IDE mode because no AHCI mode on this pc.
this so as not to suffer the sudden death of this one.

small precision system already installed with a swap of 3gb and 4gb ram plus 10% of ssd non partitioning.

Thank you

ps: I have notions of simple end user smile

#3 2019-05-18 11:41

psyka

Hello,

@Q4OS Team sorry for not having done so but i have often had some comments about google translatte and i have just seen that google is not really developed even though i can read and understand. I prefer to use the imtranslator module of firefox.

it will seem that nobody is an answer to give me or too soon and not enough of sight so I will wait and thank you again for the translation.

have a good day

#4 2019-05-20 16:57

psyka

Hello,

just to report having solved my problem alone but I thank the help that was brought to me anyway on this site.

I simply followed certain parameters of this site:

linux le point ssd

Thank you

#5 2019-05-27 21:43

upALLnight

Bonjour Q4OS forum admins!

Can I suggest that users be allowed to post in any language they like?

That way, other users using the same language can search and find problems and also assist.

Alternatively, to require users to post in English *and* their own language, below the English translation?

Dunno just a thought, might make it more welcoming for those not comfortable in English

#6 2019-05-28 09:12

Dai_trying

I think the problem with this is that those that provide the help will then need to use a translation service to understand what the problem is and then would we have to run our reply through a translater to respond? If we make things harder for those that help it might mean less people would be willing to give their time.

Just my own thoughts here but when I have plenty of time i can do this but when I am just logging in between doing other things at home (or work big_smile ) I would not want to spend too much time having to translate posts before even understanding what they are about.

I think we do try to accommodate other users whose language is not English but it would be easier for one person to translate their post (before posting) to English than it would be for many users to translate it before even being able to read it.

#7 2019-05-28 15:01

jotapesse

upALLnight wrote:

Bonjour Q4OS forum admins!

Can I suggest that users be allowed to post in any language they like?

I don't think that to be a better solution. It will make the forum largely unreadable and highly uncomfortable to most. English is a "universal" language and common ground for everyone all over the world and there's a reason why it is. We need it. Today there are even free and easy translation tools that those who aren't comfortable with English can use, so no reason at all to not use them. Unless for laziness? Why force their native language on everyone else? How many languages are there? Not reasonable at all.

Last edited by jotapesse (2019-05-28 16:12)

jotapesse - Obrigado / Thank you.

#8 2019-05-28 18:49

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Yes, we definitely need to keep the forum in English. It's just easy to use Google translator or another one.

#9 2019-05-29 21:32

psyka

Hello,

@upALLnight: thank you for your remark that I find nice;).

@q4osteam:  I'm all your opinion I should have posted in English, but I sometimes have a bad remark of the style Google is a bad translator these why I did not bother to translate because the remark that I am did these translator changes and I searched a long time before I found imtranslator for Firefox that are more or less better than Google even if the Google years improves.

far from me to make controversy over the language used here, I just regret not having had I would be a little help and not be forced to go to the debian site for help for q4os.

thank you

#10 2019-10-08 03:05

upALLnight

Thanks @psyka!

I do understand the desire by the Q4OS team to keep things simple.
In fact, that applies to writing-for-translation.
Some tips for English and non-English speakers:

1. Keep sentences short. Using a comma? Consider changing the comma to a full-stop.
2. Do not use slang, jokes, humour or idiom.
3. Use simple words.

Here's a guide:
https://www.yamagata-europe.com/en-gb/b … umentation
There is also a free e-book that details how to write for translation.

#11 2019-10-08 06:42

bin

Translation Tools

I am reminded of a very old story about translation tools converting "Hydraulic Ram" to "water carrying sheep" on the way back from translation.

#12 2019-10-14 02:27

cjoliprsf

About translation tools on the web...
I agree Google Translate isn't great.
For my part I am French, but quite fluent in English. I write a lot (I am author of books in both languages) and often need translation help.
I have discovered DeepL as a translation tool, and it is really way above all others I have seen.
Try it out... https://www.deepl.com/translator

Board footer