You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-27 15:51

keithterrill

virtualbox full-screen mode

Running Virtualbox 5.2.22 r126460 (Qt5.6.1) on a Mint Linux system.

Downloaded q4os-2.6-x64.r5.iso and installed in a Virtualbox.

It noted that it was running in Virtualbox and requested installing guest additions, so I did.
Then I installed to the harddrive (Q40s.vdi normal 32.00 GB).
Rebooting it again asked to install the quest additions, so I did.

However, no mater how many times I reboot or reinstall, or even attempt to manually add guest additions the full-screen mode doesn't work. i.e. when put into full screen mode, the display is still a small window in the center of the screen.

--------------------------

As I was typing this out and fiddling with switching from windowed mode to full-screen mode attempting to get a screen capture to show here...... full-screen mode starting working.

So.... solved.... for me..... so what happened?

#2 2018-12-27 18:51

Dai_trying

Re: virtualbox full-screen mode

I'm not sure why this happened but I have noticed in my VM's that when I first start a Q4OS appliance and resize the screen it just resizes the window and leaves the actual VM display in the middle like you see, but if I resize the window a second time (and all subsequent times) it works as expected, so maybe there is some glitch in the additions package?? I have not tried with a plain Debian VM with the standard Oracle guest additions to test it though but will do that as I get some time and post here.

#3 2018-12-28 00:57

keithterrill

Re: virtualbox full-screen mode

I have since shutdown and rebooted a number of times. Each time when it goes into full-screen mode the display remains in the center, until I click on the black boarder.... then it becomes full-screen.

Well, I can live with that.

Board footer