You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-08 07:08

witloof

httraqt (f) bug report

Centaurus 3.2--fully updated--50 programs installed, all glitch-free !

Warning: read before you try ! !

Y e s t e r d a y

Yesterday, I wanted to install httrack . Being there in synaptic, my eye fell on httraqt.
As I never had seen this one, I decided to install it and see what it is about ( the qt , I mean ).
I marked it for installation and clicked < apply >.
A second later,my computer was frozen SOLID. Keyboard and mouse inactive .
I waited 10 minutes, ( just in case...) , but had no other option than to manually switch off.(=forced)
Went for a cup of tea , and switched on the comp. No go !...tuut tuut tuut tuut........
Switched off (forced), including UPS.
Switched on again, the comp booted up to the Q4OS welcome screen and........froze again.
OK, switch off (forced) , wait a minute, switch on  and again, it booted to the welcome screen and...froze again.....> forced it down again!( no choices here)
OK, switch on ( and on the GRUB2 screen choose other Q4OS-"LXQT ") and this booted up properly.
Rebooted the standard way into Centaurus 3.2, and all was normal again. ?  ?  ?  ?
I carried on with other things for the rest of the day

T o d a y
I decided to try again. This time it installed , but........as soon as I quitted Synaptic, the computer froze again. Grrr !
Forced off , switched on....and surprise....I got a black screen
Tilled in user and password gave me another screen where it froze..................again.
Forced off and then on again , now it frooze strait at the manufacturers welcome screen ( 'before' Grub2 choices )
Forced it down again, switch on again, now I get a black screen with the following message:
Loading Q4OS Operating System
Loading initial RAM disk
X2-compressed data is corrupt
System Halted
(( now, that's better ))
Again, was forced to switch off and on, booted up with a message of " recovering journal" and...
booted up into Q4OS Welcom Screen and..........A n d  a l l  i s  w e l l  a g a i n

Now, I really LOVE to swim with the sharks, but this is above my hat.

I have installed ( for test only ) 4 more programs from synaptic and all is well

OK, resume, httraqt install borked up yesterday a certain way, and it borked up today a same say( more or less )

Anyone interested in trying too   smile

#2 2018-06-08 08:57

Dai_trying

Re: httraqt (f) bug report

I will try this afternoon to re-create this in a VM and post here with any findings. (Sorry I'm a bit too busy this morning sad )

#3 2018-06-08 09:13

witloof

Hi Dai_trying

I forgot to mention...........this was a report only.
I do not need , nor will I use httraqt ( as I am more than happy with httrack )
Of course, you have my cooperation if I have to redo this for the sake of < test and repair >

Last edited by witloof (2018-06-08 09:14)

#4 2018-06-08 09:40

Dai_trying

No problem, I will still give it a go and see what happens. smile

#5 2018-06-08 20:41

Dai_trying

I have tested this and it installed and runs without issue in my VM

Q6oZjODl.png

Last edited by Dai_trying (2018-06-08 20:56)

#6 2018-06-09 12:18

witloof

I have tested it on another partition with LXQT installed.
No issues here either !

Then I rebooted into my first partition, installed httraqt, and................Bang, same story as before !

I think it's time for a complete re-install.

However, I wonder what may cause this " mess "   ?

#7 2018-06-09 12:29

Dai_trying

It might be worth trying to purge it, reboot and then re-install it just to see if there was a problem with the install as it did not seem to complete properly the first time it was installed, if using synaptic right click and select "mark for complete removal" and this will purge all files, then reboot (not really essential but it will ensure no remnants in the system/environment will affect it), then after reboot try installing again and see if it works.

There is always the possibility that it could be one of the 50+ packages you have installed that actually caused this error in the first place, that is one of the downsides to using a "testing" version.

#8 2018-06-09 13:11

witloof

Dai_trying
What you mentioned I had already done before ( but didn't write down here ) but was the same rock of ice.
Just 15 minutes ago, I decided to do a complete reinstall, installed synaptic--fully updated and first thing was httraqt.
It installed without a glitch.

I was planning to do a reinstall 'anyway' on Monday, as from the 50+ packages I only use half on a regular base. The other 25 was just to see if......and yes, they were OK after a very basic check .

And about the "downside...." . I don't mind at all.
I hope the Devs don't mind either that I ...x...y...and...z !

#9 2018-06-09 14:05

Dai_trying

I'm pretty sure the devs don't mind your x...y... and ...z... as that is really what testing is all about. smile

Board footer