You are not logged in.

#1 2016-03-03 23:38

Dai_trying

Modifications to create_q4app_setup.sh

After reading all I could about creating installers for q4os I still had a few problems adding certain files including images and text files to be used with
SETUP_PIC_01_FILE
SETUP_PIC_02_FILE
SETUP_DESCRIPTION_FILE
SETUP_DESCRIPTION_FILE_FINISH

Although SETUP_LICENCE_FILE was the only one I could insert properly, so I set about looking at the setup script to see if I was doing something wrong and found that the script doesn't appear to look for these files correctly (I could be wrong here) it always looks in FSTMPDIR for them an I could not see anywhere in the script where it moved them there, so I adjusted it to look in the CFGFILE_DIR for them and everything worked as it should! (or how I thought it should) I have attached my updated script for you to look at and would ask that you let me know if I have done something wrong here or if the script was wrong. I also added a function to remove files in /tmp upon failure (or end of script) although this wasn't really a problem as /tmp gets cleared on reboot.
And I moved the check for config file to avoid error with readlink and added check for install: in Makefile.

I have clearly marked the changes in the script and look forward to your review.

Dai

Attachments:
sh create_q4app_setup.sh, Size: 19.55 KiB, Downloads: 1,088

#2 2016-03-04 09:36

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: Modifications to create_q4app_setup.sh

We will investigate your modifications a bit later and let conclusions and possible detailed recommendations and advice here. It should take about 2 days, please be a bit patient.

#3 2016-03-04 09:48

Dai_trying

Thank you, I will be patient smile I also noticed in the q4os_setup.cfg.sample there are some entries with the leading $ still there, so the variables wouldn't be assigned properly, I have removed them in my copy but might cause new users trying it out a few issues.

Dai

#4 2016-03-06 23:48

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Dai_trying wrote:

... I still had a few problems adding certain files including images and text files ...

You should create a directory containing all your additional files, SETUP_PIC_01_FILE, etc.., and assign path of this directory to 'TEMPLATES_DIR' variable in 'installer.cfg'. All files from 'TEMPLATES_DIR' will be automatically copied into the 'FSTMPDIR' during compilation process, there is no need to modify the 'create_q4app_setup.sh' script to get the job.

Well, 'cleartmp()' function is the neat tool to cleanup.

If there will be any difficulties, you are highly welcome to ask here. You could send your development files to support@q4os.org too, we are ready to assist you in creation of different types of custom installers.

#5 2016-03-07 00:27

Dai_trying

Simple when you know how eh smile I will set up TEMPLATES_DIR or shouldn't that be TEMPLATES_DIR_0? to direct extra files for installer. I will be posting some here as soon as I have them ready, I am working on an XMMS2 skin which so far isn't looking too bad, and a few other projects too.
Thank you for your help

Dai

#6 2016-03-07 00:49

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Both TEMPLATES_DIR and TEMPLATES_DIR_0 do the same. You can use TEMPLATES_DIR_0 to point "extra extra" custom files if needed, we use it for some development purposes.

We plan to publish a more advanced examples of Q4OS installers to make development a bit easier.

#7 2016-03-07 01:35

Dai_trying

I thought TEMPLATES_DIR_O because if I change TEMPLATES_DIR to my custom directory the templates that are required wouldn't get copied to FSTMP_DIR, that is unless i copied them to my custom directory. Anyway it is working fine now many thanks. smile

Board footer