You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-01 21:39

mattig89ch

How do you access local hard drive fom the live disc?

Hello all,

I have an older computer, which is just riddled with viruses.  But it has some files, I'd like to save.  So I wanted to use the live disc, to mount the local drive, and copy the files to a flash drive.

I am, however, a complete linux noob.  So I wanted to know, is there a way to mount the local drive, from the UI?  If so, how?  I didn't see this in the FAQ, and google isn't showing anything useful.

#2 2019-03-01 23:46

madibi

Re: How do you access local hard drive fom the live disc?

Usually the quickest way is to go on the icon of your hd , for example with konqueror, and 98% of the times your main hd in named "sda" and you double click on it
I hope this is useful
You dont find this in FAQ because it it the same in every OS with gui

#3 2019-03-01 23:48

mattig89ch

I actually thought this would be the case.  But when I booted up a vm, I couldn't find it.  I made sure the vm's virtual drive had data on it too, a video, 2 pictures, and 2 text files (one of which was in a folder).  I couldn't find where to access the data in the UI.

#4 2019-03-02 01:00

Dai_trying

When you are in the file manager (konqueror) from the menu select Go and then select Storage media you will find all available partitions/devices there.

#5 2019-03-02 17:13

mattig89ch

found it in the VM!  On the desktop, go to my computer > storage media (dunno why I didn't see this one earlier) > and click on your hard drive.

Now to test this out on a real machine, and see if it works as well there.

Board footer