You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-08 22:23

mx-zw

"setting keyboard layout via control panel" by a script?

Hi there,

I used to set the keyboard layout via

start > Control panel >
> Regional & Accessibility > Keyboard Layout

It works as I expect it to do and I have to do this only once shortly after installing a new machine

While doing so a command is displayed in the config-window like

setxkbmap -model pc105 -layout fr,us

If I enter this command instead of going thru Control panel everthing will be fine for this session. But the system is back to the keyboard layout "us" after every reboot.

Of course I could pack the command setxkbmap in a startup file like /etc/profile but I would like to know is there a way to script the command(s) I perform while going thru Control panel? In other words: how can I make the effects of the setxkbmap command permanent?  Where does TDE Control Module store the config values?

Any ideas about this are very welcome.
Regards,
Max

#2 2018-07-08 22:49

Dai_trying

Re: "setting keyboard layout via control panel" by a script?

I just changed keyboard settings from the control centre and the only file that changed was ~/.trinity/share/config/kxkbrc

For future reference with finding files that have changed in the last x minutes I have the following script that might be useful to you

#!/bin/bash

if [ $# -ne 1 ]; then
    echo "usage: $0 int"
    echo "where int = minutes"
    exit 1
fi
num="$1"
find . \( -path proc -o -path sys -o -path .cache \) -prune -o -mmin -$num -type f -print

I have it saved as "changed" and place it in my bin folder (which is in the $PATH) and simply execute

changed 1

to find out what files have changed in the last minute.

Board footer