You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-27 19:56

akm

Installer memory requirements and file system type

Hi, I'm trying to install Q4OS on my Medion Akoya EX, and I want to ask how much memory the installer needs on the bootable media. And I want to know which file system to set on my empty unformated partition. It would be good too, if you could tell me how to scan that partition for any data wink

#2 2017-05-27 21:22

Dai_trying

Re: Installer memory requirements and file system type

The installer requires no memory on the bootable media, it does however require RAM and obviously the more the better but 256Mb is minimum (I think).

On your empty partition you could either create an ext4 partition (and a swap partition) or let the installer "use free space" to set everything up for you.

If this unformatted partition is the one you want to scan for "any data" then you are out of luck, you would need to have a formatted partition to get data from. Unless you mean you want to do a forensic scan of all the sectors in that free space for remnants of a previous install, in that case you would probably be best to use a live-cd which contains the tools required, something like Kali Linux, Black Lab or Parrot Security (to name just a few) would do the job.

#3 2017-05-27 22:43

crosscourt
Website

Re: Installer memory requirements and file system type

256mb minimum for installer but if your worried about something on the drive, you can do a forensic wipe and then format, but typically not needed.

Q4OS Aquarius 5.1 KDE   Lenovo Thinkcentre M900 Tiny i5-6500T, 16gb ddr4 ram, 512gb m.2 ssd

Board footer