You are not logged in.

#26 2017-02-23 15:29

bin

Re: Konqueror capable to handle tar-archives without ARK?

Yes indeed - VERY!
For me would be perfect (also) a link to "Home Folder" on the desktop - because beside "Documents", i've got there archives, programs, utilities and so on - i think i'll create such an additional shortcut to my desktop.

That's simple enough. Just right click on the desktop
Create>New>Link to Location
Location Name>Home Folder
URL /home/yourusername/
OK
Then right click on the new blank icon>properties> click the big icon then use the drop down list to go to Places>select a suitable icon
Job done.
The first time you use it it may open the system:/ box - so as you know just select the Home Folder icon down the left hand side and it will behave as required.

As an alternative, right click on the taskbar at the bottom>Add applet to panel>System Menu
That will allow easy access to Home and Documents

An alternative and I find very useful applet is the Quick File Browser - this allows quick and easy access to all your files from a single icon on the taskbar/panel

Attachments:
jpg konqueror3.jpg, Size: 104.76 KiB, Downloads: 554

#27 2017-02-23 16:27

FlexQ4

bin wrote:

Then right click on the new blank icon>properties> click the big icon then use the drop down list to go to Places>select a suitable icon
Job done.

Thanks again - i already did this!

But, can i change also the icon for a link (on the desktop) to other filetypes , like .sh (scripts) or executables?
i've got a link to a specific "run-Firefox.sh" script on the desktop, but right-click -> Properties offers no possibility to change the shown icon ?!

#28 2017-02-23 17:19

bin

Couple of ideas come to mind.

If teh script is in your FF folder then you might try rt click>new>link to application>browse to your script in the Command box.
That will allow you to set a custom icon.
Set the command to /home/path to your firefox/run-Firefox.sh

If you simply browse to the script and drag and drop to the desktop>Create Link - then that doesn't give you the option to customise as it's a shortcut rather than a .desktop file.

#29 2017-02-23 18:57

FlexQ4

bin wrote:

Couple of ideas come to mind.

If teh script is in your FF folder then you might try rt click>new>link to application>browse to your script in the Command box.
That will allow you to set a custom icon.

Thank you - this works perfectly for executables!

But, using "Link to Application" i had the problem, that i got an error with a command including a parameter - this is why i created the shell-script:

bin wrote:

Set the command to /home/path to your firefox/run-Firefox.sh

If you simply browse to the script and drag and drop to the desktop>Create Link - then that doesn't give you the option to customise as it's a shortcut rather than a .desktop file.

I observed, that for shell-scripts i have to use  Create New -> Link to Location (rather than -> to Application !)

So, all in all (and after DIS-abling  the "Launch feedback" in the adv.options!-)  everything fits perfectly now - Thanks a lot and

Cheers!

Board footer