You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-13 12:15

Diki

Bug: Live USB Q4OS Key

Hello,

it would be appropriate to introduce an additional protection device to your distribution "Q4OS Linux" dedicated to the storage space. During my tests on your "Q4OS" distribution, I was warned that there was 4% free space during the installation of a package. I found a bug at this level that causes a general malfunction of the Live USB Q4OS key. I tried to remove some packages (installations) via the administrator console but this did not recover the Gnome desktop because the Q4OS distribution indicates that there is not enough free space left to continue its work.

Even by deleting a user account, it was not possible to recover free space. Currently when I start the Live USB Q4OS key I only have access to the administrator console (root). Therefore, you should include in your development an additional protection measure to completely stop any current processing of the Live USB Q4OS key when it detects a free space remaining of 5% and force the user to remove packets to free up The space used. For information I created two partitions during installation of the distribution Q4OS (swap: 8GB - / 8GB)

If some of you are facing this same problem do not hesitate to make me a return here, thank you in advance.

Best Regards,
Diki

#2 2017-01-15 09:14

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: Bug: Live USB Q4OS Key

Yes, Q4OS as well as other Debian based distributions, doesn't take care about a free available space on a storage. You could file a bug at our bug tracker http://sourceforge.net/p/q4os/tickets

Board footer