You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-22 00:49

cpcnw
Website

Recording sound on Q4OS [FIXED]

Hi all,

I am trying to record sound only from Youtube using Audacity, Pulse Audio and the Pulse Audio Volume Control using tips from this link;

https://www.maketecheasier.com/record-s … und-linux/

However I can only get extremely low recordings and subsequently playback with a lot of white noise. And no matter what settings I try and change I cant make any improvement on the situation.

There are no less than 40 options under the recording device pull down menu and 9 under the playback menu. In addition Kmix has a whole bunch of settings which I have mainly left sliders most of the way up and enabled.

If anyone has this working in Audacity could you clue me in what you have for recording / playback device?

Or if anyone has achieved this in any other way on Q4OS then any tips would be welcome!

Last edited by cpcnw (2016-12-22 09:48)

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.

#2 2016-12-22 06:41

MC

Re: Recording sound on Q4OS [FIXED]

- It's easier to post screenshots - All 5 tabs

Here's how my pulse is configured...works perfectly. Just make sure all the drop-down menus are set accordingly.

image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png

Also, make sure none of the mute buttons are on.

Here's a shot recording audio on YT (via Chrome)

image.png

Last edited by MC (2016-12-22 08:07)

Q4OS running Xfce

#3 2016-12-22 06:51

bin

In Audacity>Preferences>Devices>Playback Device and Recording Device - set to Pulse

Capture Device setting in pavucontrol is tricky as it depends on your sound card

Never change more than one parameter at a time.

#4 2016-12-22 06:55

MC

lol bin beat me to it! I just remembered the Audacity settings.

audacity_settings.png

Q4OS running Xfce

#5 2016-12-22 09:42

cpcnw
Website

Thanks @bin @mc 

On the recording tab - which shows nothing until I actually start recording - to the rhs of the button "Monitor Builtin Audio Analog Stereo" is a little button, which now I come to hover over it the tool tip says "Mute Audio" - on my light coloured applet this just looks only slightly darker than the background. It was indeed activated. One click and it all works. Spent an hour reading all sorts and getting really mad. Should of come here first wink

Anyway here is the audio capture https://t.co/u4KyyQtO4R

Happy Christmas to all Q4OS users!

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.

Board footer