You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-18 18:18

Werner Holtfreter

Clear Appearance Settings

Hello,

At first my thank for the great work to the Q4OS- and Trinity Teams!

My setting of  settings:/Appearance &Themes = settings:/LookNFeel/ is ready, but it was not easy. It exist to much different ways to the same or similar goals:

The Theme Manger has buttons: Background, Colors, Style, Icons, Fonts, Screen Saver, but the same controls exist also outside the Theme Manager. So it is not clear whether both possibilities control exact the same things or exist the need to see all.

It exist the Theme Manger and the Look Switcher. I do not understand the need of both.

The Theme Manger stores only a part of the LookNFeel-Settings but, for example, not the Task Bar. That is OK. But loading an other Theme or reloading the current Theme overrides, for example, the Task Bar settings. That is unacceptable.

Werner

Last edited by Werner Holtfreter (2016-12-18 18:19)

#2 2016-12-19 08:54

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: Clear Appearance Settings

Werner Holtfreter wrote:

The Theme Manger has buttons: Background, Colors, Style, Icons, Fonts, Screen Saver, but the same controls exist also outside the Theme Manager. So it is not clear whether both possibilities control exact the same things or exist the need to see all.

It exist the Theme Manger and the Look Switcher. I do not understand the need of both.

The Theme Manger stores only a part of the LookNFeel-Settings but, for example, not the Task Bar. That is OK. But loading an other Theme or reloading the current Theme overrides, for example, the Task Bar settings. That is unacceptable.

The 'Theme Manager' is depreciated in Q4OS. It's not available upon a default Q4OS installation a user has to enable it manually using the terminal command 'kcmodules'. We recommend to use Look Switcher instead of Theme Manager in Q4OS.

Board footer